Question Why is my computer not booting up? VGA light on + keyboard and mouse not functioning

Jun 22, 2024
Please keep it to 1 thread.
Hello. For the past day I have been having problems with my pc. The problem ocurred when I was loading up a game and then my pc just crashed. Then when trying to boot up my pc, it connected to the monitor, but did showed a black screen. My mouse and keyboard would occasionally flash their rgb on, but they would not work. I noticed the vga light was on after reseating my ram, gpu and cables. All my rgb and fans have been working and I have tried plugging in a separate pair of ram with no luck.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU: MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Mobo: MSI 550 pro vdh wifi
PSU: Corsair TX650M
RAM: Corsair vengeance rgb 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz

I also tried getting rid of the dust in my Pc to see if that was a problem. While there is still a little dust in the fans, the problem still persists. I also want to add that my computer is almost 3.5 years old.

Thank you for anyone who tries to help. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
PSU: Corsair TX650M
How old is the PSU in your build and what did it power prior to the RTX3070 listed above?

Did you clear your platform off of prior GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, to then manually reinstall with the latest GPU drivers sourced off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command?

Jun 22, 2024
Thank you for trying to help! I got the PSU new around 3 and a half years ago. I honestly did not clear the old GPU drivers from my system, but I would always get the new drivers. I am unable to even get to the start up screen even though it says there is signal on my computer. I also got a new Radeon 7700xt because I thought it was the GPU that was the problem, but it wasn’t. I am likely thinking that is a PSU problem now that I know the GPU was fine. I have also done the paper clip test on my PSU and the fan was spinning completely fine (although it is very dusty and I have never cleaned it). I am likely thinking that it is either a cpu problem or a mobo problem. @Lutfij I would appreciate any advice you could give me.

I would also like to add that before my PC black screened and wouldn’t work, my valorant would take a long time to start up and it was starting to crash. This is making me think it’s a cpu problem, but I don’t know if any ways to check if it is a cpu problem.

Last edited: