Mar 13, 2020
hello

so i was planning to buy gt 1030
(msi aero itx gt 1030 oc gddr5)
then i searched about will it be compatible with my pc specs and i am sure i don't have any issues with my psu or cpu but the motherboard is kinda confusing a little bit and i don't know if the gt 1030 support legacy bios and i don't know the release date of my motherboard and i just want to know if the gpu will work just fine and i will not have any BIOS or UEFI issues

here are the specs for the motherboard:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P5QPLAM/specifications/

thank you♥

Solution
Yes it will work. Be sure to plug it into the PCI Express slot and not try and force it in the PCI ones. On your board the PCIe slot it the Blue one.

you might want to also look for a used GTX 750ti, it should be pretty cheap, but offer better performance then a GT 1030 and they are also fairly low power draw GPUS.

Unless your system has a very small PSU and the 60-75 watts of power draw of the 750ti is too much, or you have a specific reason to want the GT1030 the 750ti is a better choice
Yes it will work. Be sure to plug it into the PCI Express slot and not try and force it in the PCI ones. On your board the PCIe slot it the Blue one.

you might want to also look for a used GTX 750ti, it should be pretty cheap, but offer better performance then a GT 1030 and they are also fairly low power draw GPUS.

Unless your system has a very small PSU and the 60-75 watts of power draw of the 750ti is too much, or you have a specific reason to want the GT1030 the 750ti is a better choice

Reactions: mbbisthebest1
Solution

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
It should work. PCIe 3.0 is backward compatible with earlier versions of PCIe. You will lose some performance, though. (PCIe 1.1 offers lower bandwidth, lower data rate, etc compared to newer generations of PCIe.)

If I was buying a powerful GPU, then I would also pick a new motherboard which supports PCIe 3.0 to use the full potential of the graphics card. But that's not the case here.

You haven't told us about your PSU, but GT 1030 doesn't need much power to worry about.