Question Windows 10 - Windows 7 Shared Printer Access Denied.

Basht

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
I have a Windows 10 Computer with two printers, after configuring and changing network sharing settings everything works fine but then when there's a new windows update or something (I'm not really sure) Like after a few days printers stop working, when you try to add them again on the Windows 7 (Sometimes other windows 10 computers) you can find the computer on the network and everything but when you click on connect to the printer it says "Access Denied" or "Error, could not connect to printer", even with password disabled.
Plz Help.. What should I do?

Ralston18

Titan
Are both printers network printers?

Have you set up each printer with a Static IP address on the router using IP addresses outside of the router's allowed DHCP IP address range?

And, in addition be sure that each Static IP address is reserved for the printer via each respective printer's MAC.

Basht

Prominent
Jan 10, 2020
Not network printers, shared printers connected via USB to one computer. But trying to access them from different computers with Windows 7, 10, etc. Once you restart everything and set them up for the first time they work well but then after a while something happens and they stop working and then you get an error when you try to connect to them again. By the way, have tried static IP's for the computer that has the printers and it happens too at times. RIght now i'm trying to connect by ComputerName.