diego_26

Distinguished
May 13, 2017
im experiencing some issues when using the xmp profile on my new asus z690-f motherboard, it is quite random, but im getting some massive freezes when gaming. If i alt tab the game unfreezes, my guess is that the xmp profile is causing it but im not sure, the voltage and the cpu is not the issue i think but i dont know for sure since i undervolted it and passed some stability tests, same with the ram thats why i find it weird, i dont get any errors using memtest86. maybe i have to increase the memory voltage? when disabling the xmp profile the problem seems to go away, but it happens so rarely that im not completely sure

full system specs:
asus z690-f rog
i7 13700kf
rtx 3070 tuf
32 gb ram corsair 6000mhz
asus rog 850w gold

diego_26

Distinguished
May 13, 2017
im experiencing some issues when using the xmp profile on my new asus z690-f motherboard, it is quite random, but im getting some massive freezes when gaming. If i alt tab the game unfreezes, my guess is that the xmp profile is causing it but im not sure, the voltage and the cpu is not the issue i think but i dont know for sure since i undervolted it and passed some stability tests, same with the ram thats why i find it weird, i dont get any errors using memtest86. maybe i have to increase the memory voltage? when disabling the xmp profile the problem seems to go away, but it happens so rarely that im not completely sure

full system specs:

asus z690-f rog

i7 13700kf

rtx 3070 tuf

asus rog 850w gold

Lutfij

Titan
Please pass on a link to the ram kit you're working with.

asus z690-f rog
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

the cpu is not the issue i think but i dont know for sure since i undervolted it and passed some stability tests
Save the undervolt as a profile in your BIOS, then revert to defaults, while enabling only X.M.P and see if that alleviates the issue. If not, it could very well be your OS. What OS are you working with?

Reactions: diego_26

diego_26

Distinguished
May 13, 2017
Please pass on a link to the ram kit you're working with.

asus z690-f rog
What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

the cpu is not the issue i think but i dont know for sure since i undervolted it and passed some stability tests
Save the undervolt as a profile in your BIOS, then revert to defaults, while enabling only X.M.P and see if that alleviates the issue. If not, it could very well be your OS. What OS are you working with?
thats a good idea, didnt know that its possible to save presets, i will start from there then, revert the undervolt and see how it goes, ill keep you posted, i updated to the last bios version last week to see if thats solves the problem, and it did at some point, cause with the old update my system was freezing completely and restarting itself once the freeze occurs, after the update only the game freezes but the system keeps working normaly, heres the link to the ram kit https://www.corsair.com/es/es/p/mem...0mt-s-c36-memory-kit-black-cmk32gx5m2e6000c36

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS