Hauppauge

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Hauppauge.
  1. B

    HP 4100 printer IP address question

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) How can I change the ip address on this 4100 printer? Anyone have any ideas on what type of forum I could go to to find out? HP.com isn't helping at all. Thanks for any info. Bryce.
  2. Reynod

    Um ... which one of you guys is Trent?

    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/the-other-side/man-who-claims-to-be-a-donor-sexual-virgin-has-fathered-14-kids/story-e6frfhk6-1226247054397 Trent ... that name shall forever be the main character in Freelancer ... voiceover by some guy from that cheezy TV show "90210" er ... Ian Ziering I...
  3. B

    How much do I need?

    Hi all, I would love some advice on what PSU I should by, here is what my PC will look like EVGA 780i Intel Q6600 8800 GTS 512 x2 SLI 2GB of Corsair Dominator 8500 4 hard drives Scythe S-Flex 120mm fan for CPU and 4 other case fans DVD Writer I was thinking of 3 PSU's - OCZ GameXStream 850W...
  4. M

    Intel core 2 quad q9400 @ 2 66ghz run a nvidia gtx 660 without bottlenecking

    Hello, Will I be able to have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 with this setup without having to upgrade any hardware? I want to make sure everything will still run smoothly and not bottle neck. Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz...
  5. mickeddie

    Hot card-will it melt wires?

    I just installed a new GPU that is idling at 81c. Is this too hot, and will it melt the wire insulation for some cables touching it?
  6. A

    Router into modem not working.

    Hello, I have a cable modem with wireless and 4 ports. It works fine. I wanted to add more ports and another wireless network, so I got a D link 825 wireless modem. I took 1 slot from the cable modem and hooked in the D link modem input to that slot. The D Link also works fine for anything...
  7. W

    Which is better?

    Hello, I am fairly smart when it comes to new laptops, I was gonna buy an ASUS laptop with an A8 Processor and AMD Radeon HD 7640G but it was taken off the site. If a a similar one comes back I will get it but these are the ones I will buy unless a better one comes along...
  8. S

    NEED HELP WITH NEW SYSTEM!

    ok i need help with a new system i bought...by veloctiy model: promajix E2035. well the problem is...im unable to connect to the internet with it. I using my old pc right now to do this. I use all the new wires except the ethernet connection. It works fine here but when I pop in the ethernet...
  9. P

    Video Card Problems - Long Post Bear With Me Please!

    Ok. Here is my story... I started with a Pentium 4 3.4 Prescott, the older version (550 I think) with an Intel 915PBL board and an ATI x700 PCI-E graphics card. The fan on the ATI eventually exploded, and I mean literally exploded. When the video crashed, I opened my case, only to find the...
  10. billdcat4

    Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE

    Hey, Im looking for a USB or PCI solution to use to convert home videos on VHS to DVD. I would input the video thru Svideo or Composite, and the Audio thru component. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815116628 Cost isnt really an issue, I just want the best quality. Ive...
  11. S

    Disable Automatic Hardware Detection?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) Is it possible? How do I do so? Thanks.
  12. G

    nVidia 5900 vs. ATI Radeon 9600

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) Hello world Just got a new PC - P4 3.4Ghz, 1Gb RAM, etc etc with 256Mb Radeon 9600 XT graphics (I am using a 19" digital TFT Sony XDM-HX93). Previously had a "home made" P4 1.7Ghz 512Mb RAM with Creative 3DBlaster 5...
  13. Robc1880

    x700pro, xt and 6600gt

    I was wondering if anyone has a link or some info on which of these cards are better? I am thinking about getting the MSI radeon xpress 200 mobo with the A64 3000 and need to find a video card. I have a $200 budget for a video card and I've seen that these 2 cards fall around that price. Would...
  14. Matt_2000_17

    Geforce 6600GT AGP

    I would like to hear people's opinion on the geforce 6600GT AGP. I'd appreciate any opinions from those who may already own one. Asus A7N8X Deluxe, AMD AthlonXP 2800+ @ 2.08GHz, 1024MB PC3200 Samsung DDR, Gigabyte GeforceFX 5900XT 128MB DDR, Seagate 80GB SATA HDD, NEC 2500A 8x DVD Writer, MSI...
  15. G

    Splintercell Pandora blabla

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) Hi, I just finished playing splinter cell pandora blabla you know ;) Again on my PIII 450 mhz and Geforce Fx5200. They game played ok... a little bit slow but still very playable... it's not really like a shooter... it's...
  16. TheGreatGrapeApe

    TweakPC.de reviews the X600XT and use new format

    One of the most interesting ways of displaying benchies that I've seen in a while. TweakPC tries their new format for the ABIT X600XT review. This does a good job of showing that the X600 is nowhere near the card the R9800 is, despite earlier claims. The only place the X600XT excels is in Q3 at...
  17. R

    Can't download drivers for my video card

    Hey guys im using a Geforce GTX 660 on 64 bit windows 8. I used the CD that came with it to download video drivers but it says that only windows xp, vista and 7 are supported
  18. G

    Wich one is the best?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?) Hail, I'd like to know where I can find this information. I don't know the difference between these 2 card models. They are both from NVIDIA but I dunno wich one is the best. I play games like Ultima Online, The Sims...
  19. G

    which ram should I buy?

    I am prepairing to build a new computer, based on the KT266A chipset, specifically the Abit KR7A 133R. I will probably have a 1900+ XP, and possibly a GeForce 4 Ti 4400. I am not sure what kind of RAM I should get. I have heard that the brand of memory matters with DDR ram more than any...
  20. phial

    Bying aGFFX? well, for the love of god read this

    http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?image=MTA0NzMxMTU4OVM0TXppaFJJMFZfNF8xNl9sLmdpZg== notice the 9500pro (MIDRANGE card, the others are mid and upper range) totally trounces the GFFX. like ive said before, its the geometry and dx8-9 effects engines that will make a difference in teh...
  21. L

    Motherf*c%#r! New Card is toast! *update*

    Got my new Radeon 9700 Pro (OEM) in today... Too bad it dont work. It got shipped in a small US postal box, and it had a total of 25(!!) packing peanuts to protect it. Well try as they did, dont matter when all of these were on the component side, leaving the rest of it to just bang off of...
  22. G

    Help!!! OEM, Retail and video cards...

    Hi! I'm from Brazil, and I'd like to know what is a video card Retail and a video card OEM, what's the difference? ALso, I'd like to ask you an oppinion about which video card I should buy. As I am in Brazil, I can only afford a video card that costs about U$140. Thank you! Alexandre Belo...
  23. G

    GF2 GTS overclocking

    I have recently bought a Geforce2 GTS (ASUSv7700) and I wanted to see how far I could overlock it. the defaults are 333(memory)/200(engine). Is there someone who knows how far these card can be overclocked? I tried 370/240 but that didn't work, 350/230 also didn't. Please help me out.
  24. T

    Ati rage IIc direct 3d

    I have an ati rage IIc videocard with 4Mb and the last drivers from Ati official site. They specify that their drivers do not support Direct 3d or Open GL on the card. Are there anywhere else drivers with Direct 3d or Open GL or maybe this video card does not support it.
  25. G

    ADDING EXTRA GAMEPORTS ?????

    I have PIII 933(@133mhz) on Aeopen AX3Spro (PCI only), 256MB cas2:2:2, GTS2, Soundblaster Live. I want to add more force feedback enabled gameports. I tried an additional gameport card with 2 ports but it means disabling the soundcard and anyway (presumably like the traditional joystick...
  26. D

    What kind of 4600 g4 is recommand right now to buy

    Asus or msi or gainward etc etc etc Ahhh computers are such a pain in the ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS they always have problems always!
  27. N

    Intel 760m 2.0ghz or Athlon64 m 3700+

    Any advise between the two chips. Will use the laptop for office misc and games.
  28. F

    Tom's Mayhem G1 Review

    What a craptastic review. There are a million better performing and less expensive notebooks. Perhaps if the reviewer compared the notebooks instead of to a DESKTOP, to another comparable DTR from Hypersonic, Dell, Alienware, Cyberpower etc. I'm seriously wondering how much ABS payed Tom's...
  29. T

    Should i wipe out Xp on my Inspiron 8200???

    i dont really like xp and our entire network is 2k. should i wipe out xp and install 2k? if i have problems, i could just run the restore disk that comes with the laptop, right? does anyone know of any issues with the dell inspiron 8200 and 2k prof? do you think performance will be better...
  30. M

    What is this

    How do you remove the monitor screen from a Dell Notebook and replace the LCD in it?
  31. N

    Hi flamethrower..ATI image quality versus nVIDIA's

    For those of of you who think that image quality is the same for both high end cards from nVIDIA adn ATI check this link out <A HREF="http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2001q4/r200/index.x?pg=5" target="_new">http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2001q4/r200/index.x?pg=5</A> View the lower half of...
  32. P

    Hardware to capture VHS-C to p.c.

    Archived from groups: rec.video.desktop (More info?) I have just started video editing on a p.c. and have a Sony TRV30E DV camcorder which I connect to my p.c.'s Matrox RT.X100 card to capture DV. However, I also have about 50 old tapes of composite video in VHS-C format, which I would like to...
  33. joeshmofro

    USB Problem

    My USB ports are acting really strange. Can't figure out what is going on. Only one usb port out of 6 will detect my optical mouse. They will all detect my external hard drive, but for whatever reason I go to plug in the mouse and they won't load. I'm using an ASROCK board. Not sure what the...
  34. L

    Thinking of a Graphics card update

    Hi all im thinking of a grahpics car update to something with dx11 i currently have a Nvidia GTS 250 I was looking at some MSI cards like the 5770 hawk and the R5830-70 lightning... i have a budget of $340 AUS. can anyone help me out on finding a new card or if its even worth doing so atm...
  35. T

    Raid 0 & Fraps

    I just bought 2x Samsung 1tb F3's and put them in raid 0. I get around 200-250 mb/s average transfer rates with 2.5k burst. How is it possible that my fraps performance hasn't increased at all? My previous HD was a seagate barracuda that scored around 80-90 mb/s. What am I doing wrong? On my...
  36. B

    A6-4400M vs i3-2350M

    Hi, I am looking at laptops (low end budget $350-$450) and I am seeing mostly AMD A4-3305 vs Intel i3-2350M processors. I have come across an AMD A6-3420M and mostly recently an AMS A6-4400M (with AMD Radeon HD 7520G Graphics). All the laptops are around the same price range so which is the...
  37. I

    Best NetBook for durability and battery life under 300?

    Hey guys, i need a net book to use at work. I work outside in the elements but have a lot of time to spare so I am trying to write a book. What is the cheapest, longest battery life, and must durable option av ailable? I would like at least 2GB of memory .
  38. S

    HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 VS Dell NEW Inspiron 14z Ultrabook

    Purpose: College. Battery life above 5 hours is good enough. Mostly browse the internet, code a lot. Occasional gaming, but a lot of video watching. Shouldn't heat up too much and shouldn't lag. The Dell is cheaper, so consider that too. And please tell me why you chose whichever one you choose...
  39. N

    LCD Monitors and EYE Damage

    Okiez... next year all my school stupid courses requires [-peep-] load of research and essays which requires me to stare at the monitor ALL DAY long. So guyz, it is confirmed that LCD monitors DO NOT HAVE ANY RADIATION and is not harmful to the eyes compared to CRTs. So using an LCD Monitor will...
  40. O

    Voodoo 3 help

    Whats the best driver for Voodoo3 3000/Win2k? A friend has told me that theres an unofficial one about which improves the framerate. Also is there a program which I can use to overclock it? I've added extra cooling fan to the heatsink. I know the voodoo's abit old now, but any help would be...