Warcraft

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Warcraft.
  1. G

    Microsoft Fax and Telstra Duet problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) I have recently subscribed to the Telstra Duet service. The fax worked beautifully in both send and receive mode but unfortunately now answers the voice ring tone and ignores the fax ring tone. Telstra told me to adjust...
  2. M

    WARNING Stay away from ASUS P6T Deluxe MO

    There are issues with this MO not getting past a POST. When truning on the PC for the first time it will not POST. ASUS is not working with us to resolve this issue so I recommend looking into some other board. You can read about this issue in the MO forum (ASUS) in this list or going to the...
  3. G

    Fan problem with Gateway 9100.

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) Hi, sorry for english but i am italian. I have a overheat problem with my Gateway 9100 (pII 266 and 14.1 TFT). The cpu fan not function. I have tested the motor of fan with External battery and tester and function perfectly but a...
  4. jonshardunderwear

    RC 64bit on HP hdx 16 1140us

    Hey I recently set up a dual boot with vista64 and win 7 RC 64. I'd like to know if anyone else has the hp hdx 1140us laptop and had any luck finding all the drivers? So far I installed the graphics driver from nvidia It looks like it runs alot faster than vista. Somehow when downloading...
  5. G

    Reinstalling

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) The greatest blessing of children is the lessons in patience they teach you!! As a part of her Christmas gift I upgraded my daughter's PC (Dell Dimension 4300) from ME (preinstalled) to XP Home. And now she has...
  6. G

    Networking between WinXPSp2 Pro with Win 2kPro

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) I have the XP Sp2 Pro OS computer connected on an internal network with a Win 2k Pro OS computer. From the network neighborhood, I could see both system (there system names). I could use the Win XP Sp2 Pro to...
  7. M

    New system, want to watch TV.

    Hello there Tom's community. I recently purchased a new HP system. Here are the specs. * • Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit) * • Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q8300 [2.5GHz, 4MB L2, 1333MHz FSB] * • SAVE $30! 8GB DDR3-1066MHz SDRAM [4 DIMMs] * • FREE...
  8. G

    Preventing Downloads.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Is there a way to gray out the Run and Save options to prevent users from downloading? We have a small lab of 5 machines and the software they use requires them to have Administrator rights so the machines are...
  9. A

    5570 or 5670 or 6670

    Intel Core 2 duo 1.8 GHz 1 GB of RAM at 669 MHZ 300 WAT PSU I'm looking for something that will run on my rig without my CPU/RAM bottleneck'ing it. I only have the option of upgrading my RAM next to my GPU as well. So is it the 5570 or 5670 or 6670? Or neither and I should get a low end card...
  10. P

    GPU Temperature

    I have a BFG 8800GT factory OC and its been getting pretty hot to the touch. I checked the temp and it was at 79C idle. What percent should I run my fan? I have no problem running it at 100%, but will that damage the card running the fan so high all the time?
  11. Shaddox

    GTS 250 or 4850?

    I'm gonna' help a friend build a PC pretty soon, I've narrowed down all the parts except for the video card. Which card do you guys think I should get my friend? He won't be playing Crysis or any games for that matter above 1680 x 1050 ;) SAPPHIRE Vapor-X Radeon HD 4850 512MB...
  12. G

    BSOD on new built PC

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) OK guys I have two PC's one works the other doesnt, the problem is is that I want my new one to work. Problem, I have built my new computer and I get the BSOD error and restart issue. The new components are...
  13. N

    ATI 4890 vs Nvidai GTX 275

    I'm wondering which 1 would be of better use with Autodesk Inventor. But I know a lot of guys don't use this, ,so if u can relate with maya u can use it as reference. The Cards I'm considering are: gtx 275 and hd4890 Now, yes they'll be used for gaming and from the recent graphics card charts...
  14. G

    Ninjutsu and Squelch

    Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.rules (More info?) Hi there, Had a bit of confusion over what would happen if you played Squelch targeting the Ninjutsu ability of one of the Betrayers of Kamigawa ninja creatures...would the bounced attacking creature stay in the player's...
  15. P

    the desert

    Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?) So and now I arrived in the camp in the bloody desert..... Creepy animals on the road and they have to speak to me but... noway.... What a arrogant game is this....after my struggle they won't talk... This turned into an obsession... Any...
  16. G

    Turmaculus is awakable 11PM - 12PM NST

    Archived from groups: alt.games.neopets (More info?) You have awoken the great Turmaculus... and he has decided to give you 100 neopoints!!! Guess he wasn't hungry. <sigh> daramark
  17. K

    Paladin as new character, questions

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?) After playing Diablo for about three years we finally completed the Hell level with Barbarian as our character. Off line only We started another character Paladin mainly because we wanted one with combat skills and that spell stuff confuses...
  18. S

    PCI IEEE 1394 CARD Network adapter. - HELP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I have installed this device on my PC, running Windows XP, but keep getting error message in device manager as follows: This device cannot start Code 10. I have been back to the retailer who has given me a second one to...
  19. G

    XP SP 2 - how do i repair / reinstall IE6 SP2 ? (two part ..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsupdate (More info?) how can i repair an installation of IE6 (it somehow think its IE6 SP1 and not IE6 SP 2) after XP SP 2 has already been...
  20. TigerZero

    Will ATI HD4000 series work with Nvidia 8200 type motherboards?

    I have a Biostar TF8200 A2+ motherboard and would like know if an ATI HD 4850 class graphics card would work without problems. Does anyone have experience using ATI HD 4000 class video cards with motherboards that use Nvidia chipsets? Should I stick with Nvidia graphics cards only with my 8200...
  21. G

    Single player Four Swords?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?) Is it worth buying the Four Swords if I am not going to play multiplayer? In other words, is the single player game good enough to buy? Also, does a DS allow you to link to the GameCube for games like the Four Swords? No one...
  22. Titanion

    3870x2 vs. 4870

    Is this the case where the one new card 4870 is better than the older card times two 3870x2? I am seeing some nice prices for the 3870x2. The price range I am looking at is $200 to $250...
  23. G

    also...

    Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?) I found a tomb and fought a skeleton archer. I found a tomb key but I had already picked the locks to the doors and could not find another door. Is there something I should do here? The skeleton archer was a pain the butt but I found a...
  24. G

    Win Media Player 10 problem.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) When I try to save a .wav attachment from an email or Newsgroup post by clicking on "Save As" and then "Save" (when I've located the appropriate folder)....WMP10 freezes for as long as a minute. I had the same problem with...
  25. G

    outlook

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) when I reply to a message in my e-mail the window is small... how can I set it to go full size automatically?
  26. G

    Charity ?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?) A Survey: What fraction of player _characters_, who are not members of religious or pseudoreligious organizations, but still of good alignment give either time, money, or equipment to charities supporting NPC's, or just directly to NPC...
  27. J

    3d mark06 processor section?

    Hello guys, figured this would be the best place to ask about a 3dmark06 score. During the video card testing everything was super fast but once it got to the processor section the fps was only 0-1 through both the tests. Im running a 4870 Sapphire 1g GPU and the 8400 wolfdale DC 3.0, nothing is...
  28. G

    Quiet PCs

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.windows-xp (More info?) I've been buying only Dells at home for years now. But, the noise of my last few desktops (most recent is Dimension 8100) has just been too bad for me. A couple years ago, an ENT doctor told me that I had tinnitus and...
  29. R

    Storage devices project help

    hi :hello: i am currently a management student and i have been asked to make a (10 slides not more ) project on storage devices from a business point of view. any ideas or suggestions regarding the content or how to go about the project are welcome. :bounce: i had planned to show how data...
  30. G

    Netscreen support experience?

    Archived from groups: comp.dcom.vpn (More info?) Hello, Has anyone had experience with support of NetScreen/Juniper products? I am thoroughly disgusted with SonicWall support and am wondering if NetScreen appliances might be a better future hardware path for us.
  31. G

    cdrw

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) what can i do to get a recording tab to show in explorer for this drive
  32. E

    Thank you all for your previous advice but I need more...

    Archived from groups: alt.games.quake3 (More info?) I'm persuaded to discard the idea of upgrading this computer at any time. I'm pretty much settled on the cpu I think. I hope to overclock it from 1.8GHz to 2.5GHz Total cost is ~$740.00 Canadian. This is the set up I'm thinking about...
  33. M

    VGA monitor

    I have a his radeon 1950pro ice gddr3 agp 8x 512MB -Anybody know a software/program that monitors the Video card's temperature??? I'm not overclocking, but just wondering the temperature....
  34. G

    Did I buy the last 2400?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) It's funny, the day after I bought the 2400 budget machine they stopped selling them. The next day they started to sell the new 3000. Nick
  35. L

    Buying new Dell without monitor?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Is it possible? All the configuration options on the site seem to insist on it... Thanks David
  36. T

    Building a Gaming Computer

    Hey, I'm building a computer for the first time and would like some opinions on the setup I am choosing. I want to use the computer for gaming mostly, but also your everyday surfing the web and such. Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UW Black Aluminum Bezel, SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer...
  37. G

    Stuck at Gamlet [Spoilers]

    Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction (More info?) I need help with the game "Gamlet". The following is rot13ed to avoid spoilage: V unir nyernql bcrarq gur yvsg naq znantrq gb trg vg jbexvat, ohg V pna'g svther bhg jung gb qb arkg be ubj gb trg gur obk vafvqr gur pybpx.
  38. G

    Dancing Game

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?) There are two different dancing type games (with floor mat) one each for the X-Box and PS. Is there one available, or in the works, for the Gamecube? Thanks in advance.
  39. R

    Fonts

    I can't find my Control Panell because my fonts are to big and the sccreen won t let it in.I want to make my fonts smaller
  40. J

    Unable to copy & paste

    1st problem was that after I copied & pasted, then I would try to copy & paste a 2nd article and it kept pasting the 1st article. Ea. time I tried, it kept pasting the 1st article. So I turned off computer, turned back on, and now it will not copy and paste at all.