Nov 27, 2019
Hey guys, after Reddit failed me, I now am desperate to find an answer.

The main problem I can't find to solve is that my BenQ Zowie XL2411Z won't work with my mainboard/onboard Graphics correclty and won't display 120/144Hz with ANY cable I used.

After trying the DVI-D cable, the HDMI (which is not working with the monitor) - I bought a DVI-D (in Display) to HDMI (in PC) cable and begged it would work - it didn't.

Advanced settings tell me there is only a 60Hz option on FullHD.

I updated the BIOS to the latest and re-installed the AMD drivers.

The monitor itself says it is running on 1920x1080 at 60Hz, but the optimal would be 1920x1080 at 120Hz.

So I'm thinking it still has to be the cable - that the HDMI version may not be correct (I think only HDMI 1.4b+ achieve 120+ FPS, but I'm no expert whatsoever).

If you guys have any idea what I could do to fix the problem, I'd be more than grateful!!

Specs:

AsRock AB350M Pro 4
Ryzen 3 2200g
8GB DDR4 OC @3000Mhz

For anyone wondering why I'd need a 144Hz panel with only using the 2200g - I mostly play League and CS:GO, please don't judge. But I reach on my settings around 90-180FPS

Solution
The XL2411Z is limited to 60 Hz over HDMI.

144 Hz requires dual-link DVI, which motherboard onboard graphics generally do not support. In short, there is no way to get 144 Hz with that monitor. Best option is to return it or sell it, and get one that supports 144 Hz over HDMI.

144 Hz requires dual-link DVI, which motherboard onboard graphics generally do not support. In short, there is no way to get 144 Hz with that monitor. Best option is to return it or sell it, and get one that supports 144 Hz over HDMI.

Solution
Nov 27, 2019

That's what I'm saying. I know that there is no possible way to achieve 144HZ with either only DVI-D or HDMI, but why isn't it possible with the DVI-D to HDMI cable.

Maybe I just don't get how the cable works. Either way thank you very much for responding!! :)