Feb 24, 2021
I decided to install another HDD into my system, and upon turning the system on after the installation, the PC would boot into a black screen with only the white dots spinning in a circle, though my cursor will also show up. It would stay on this screen for an unusual amount of time.
I unplugged the HDD and booted it up but to no avail: the same black loading screen. This would occur after my MOBO manufacturer loading screen so I would not have any access to the login screen.

I would use my USB that has the Windows Media Tool utility thing on it to access the advanced repair tools, which was how I was able to reset and startup repair my pc as I found it easier instead of having to force shutdown the pc 3 times. Even then, I still got access to the advanced repair tools through that method but it still doesn’t work.

Things I have tried:
  • Using a speaker to see if there were any post codes: did not beep anything
  • Boot into Safe Mode with Networking: did not work; was unable to.
  • Tried to uninstall updates. Was able to uninstall quality updates but not features. I think it said it was unable to or something like that.
  • Reseat the CMOS battery
-Reseat GPU, even using different PSU cables
  • Startup repair: it would attempt to repair but it would then say ‘Startup repair couldn’t repair your PC’
  • Reset Windows: similar to the Startup repair situation in the sense that it couldn’t reset.
I haven’t done a System Restore or a System Image Recovery as I do not have any past files or previous records that will allow me to do so.

SPECS:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (factory)
GPU: ASUS Phoenix GTX 1650 Super
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB 3200Mhz (D.O.C.P enabled)
MOBO: Asus Prime B550M-A (WiFi(
PSU: EVGA 600 GD 600W
BOOT: Crucial P1 M.2 SSD 500GB
HDD: 1TB WD Blue (games and other files)

I will mention that when I didn’t have my display plugged in, the speaker would do 1 long beep and then 3 short beeps, which indicated a GPU problem, along with a black screen and a cursor when I did plug in the display. Though after rebooting, it went away and would be on the black screen with the white circles loading.

Lutfij

Titan
Resetting does little to no good, apart from taking time out. What version of Windows 10 are you working with at the time of writing? It might very well be an OS corruption(which might've come up from your older HDD) but you should think about reinstalling the OS afresh considering you can't perform the other two options which is Automatic Repair and Safe Mode(to backup data)...wait, did you try Safe Mode without Networking support? What BIOS version are you working with? How old is the PSU in your build?

Feb 24, 2021
Resetting does little to no good, apart from taking time out. What version of Windows 10 are you working with at the time of writing? It might very well be an OS corruption(which might've come up from your older HDD) but you should think about reinstalling the OS afresh considering you can't perform the other two options which is Automatic Repair and Safe Mode(to backup data)...wait, did you try Safe Mode without Networking support? What BIOS version are you working with? How old is the PSU in your build?
I haven’t tried booting into Safe Mode without networking support. I’m not sure what BIOS version I’m running but it is for sure not the latest one so I have to get around updating that. The all the parts in the PC are relatively new, maybe just over a year old.

Feb 24, 2021
Just tried to boot into Safe Mode - nothing happened and it would only show the MOBO manufacturer logo along with a black screen I.e. ASUS logo in front of a black screen. No progress bar or anything.
I will try to reinstall Windows later.

Feb 24, 2021
Just tried to boot into Safe Mode - nothing happened and it would only show the MOBO manufacturer logo along with a black screen I.e. ASUS logo in front of a black screen. No progress bar or anything.
I will try to reinstall Windows later.
Just tried to reinstall Windows (didn’t format my drives) and now it will just show the MOBO manufacturer loading screen but the white loading dots in a circle just freeze. The funny thing is that whenever this happened, the loading dots will freeze at the same spot. I will try to update my BIOS later as I am kind of suspecting that it may be the issue. I think this because I used my boot drive from my laptop to see if it would work but it would not boot to the login screen.

Feb 24, 2021
Just tried to reinstall Windows (didn’t format my drives) and now it will just show the MOBO manufacturer loading screen but the white loading dots in a circle just freeze. The funny thing is that whenever this happened, the loading dots will freeze at the same spot. I will try to update my BIOS later as I am kind of suspecting that it may be the issue. I think this because I used my boot drive from my laptop to see if it would work but it would not boot to the login screen.
I managed to update the BIOS to the latest version on the ASUS website (version 2423) but the problem still persists. I am contemplating whether or not to send it in to a third party for them to have a look.

Feb 24, 2021
I managed to update the BIOS to the latest version on the ASUS website (version 2423) but the problem still persists. I am contemplating whether or not to send it in to a third party for them to have a look.
And since I reinstalled Windows and it didn’t reach the login set up screen, I am now unable to access the advanced system repair tools such as command prompt as I need an account in order to do so. The only account I see is ‘defaultuser0’, with which the password is unknown.