PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Please don't spam the forum, keep it to 1 thread
Hello,
So today I went on Google chrome, and I first of all noticed that my profile on chrome was completely signed out. I was able to sign back in, however my chrome background picture had disappeared. There was nothing on the home menu apart from my bookmarks and favourites. I checked on the extensions menu and it said that my browser was ‘managed by your organisation’. I use my PC at home and not anywhere else, and I am effectively the administrator, so how can it be that it has somehow now been managed? Also, this was not present yesterday (at time of writing). My brother told be he had downloaded an ISO file for some random Roblox script onto the PC that day, and that day, everything was running fine until I went on the PC the next day (the day I am writing this). I’m not sure about the reasons for the issue, but is it possible that the file in question was a virus?
Whenever I perform a search on chrome now, I get redirected to a site by the name of ‘searchesmia.com’ before I actually get any results from the search. Also, my search engine settings have been modified (I think), as it takes me to Microsoft Bing instead of Google. I have tried a windows security virus scan, which picked up nothing, I have tried with the registry editor and tried removing all chrome policies with a random batch file from online. None worked. Tried to uninstall and reinstall chrome many times. Nothing.

now I have noticed that whenever chrome is opened, it will just close itself, reopen again, close itself, and repeat. The cycle goes on forever until chrome is MANUALLY closed by the user.

If anyone can give me any advice, that would be very much appreciated.

PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
Hello,
So today I went on Google chrome, and I first of all noticed that my profile on chrome was completely signed out. I was able to sign back in, however my chrome background picture had disappeared. There was nothing on the home menu apart from my bookmarks and favourites. I checked on the extensions menu and it said that my browser was ‘managed by your organisation’. I use my PC at home and not anywhere else, and I am effectively the administrator, so how can it be that it has somehow now been managed? Also, this was not present yesterday (at time of writing). My brother told be he had downloaded an ISO file for some random Roblox script onto the PC that day, and that day, everything was running fine until I went on the PC the next day (the day I am writing this). I’m not sure about the reasons for the issue, but is it possible that the file in question was a virus?
Whenever I perform a search on chrome now, I get redirected to a site by the name of ‘searchesmia.com’ before I actually get any results from the search. Also, my search engine settings have been modified (I think), as it takes me to Microsoft Bing instead of Google. I have tried a windows security virus scan, which picked up nothing, I have tried with the registry editor and tried removing all chrome policies with a random batch file from online. None worked. Tried to uninstall and reinstall chrome many times. Nothing.

now I have noticed that whenever chrome is opened, it will just close itself, reopen again, close itself, and repeat. The cycle goes on forever until chrome is MANUALLY closed by the user.

If anyone can give me any advice, that would be very much appreciated.

many times these type of accounts/software will update without user acknowledgement resulting in being signed out and preferences being reset.

My brother told be he had downloaded an ISO file for some random Roblox script onto the PC that day
though it is very likely your system is now infected by types of malware.

run some anti-malware and cleaning software and see what type of results you get.

PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
many times these type of accounts/software will update without user acknowledgement resulting in being signed out and preferences being reset.

though it is very likely your system is now infected by types of malware.

run some anti-malware and cleaning software and see what type of results you get.
I downloaded malwarebytes and did a full scan. It found threats and I removed them. It has now sort of worked. I am able to access Google Chrome now (without it constantly closing), and with no suspicious extensions installed. Additionally, it also now doesn’t redirect me to anything at all. However, it still states that my browser is managed by an organisation. Should I just live with it or is it still something to be concerned about?

PCisverygood

Prominent
Mar 25, 2022
if logging out of whatever account is active and logging back in with your own Google credentials doesn't correct it maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling the browser.
I have tried that multiple times, if I do that it just reinstalls whatever dodgy extensions were already there before I did any malware scans. It doesn’t do anything to control my searches, so I might just live with it.

TRENDING THREADS