Feb 9, 2021
i have an old OEM pc HP P7 1040l
now i'm stuck with this forever-in-POST screen situation.
before this. i happened to see 'CPU fan error' message sometimes. but i ignored it since the message shows about just half a second at POST screen.

i'm stuck from yesterday. so just then, i opened my case. i tried to clean the cpu fan. heatsink. and the mobo itself properly. i got into windows and i even install the onboard graphic driver. but when i restart (driver installation demand). i'm stuck again.

what happened to me exactly ? please help.

MrSomebody

Honorable
Dec 3, 2015
i have an old OEM pc HP P7 1040l
now i'm stuck with this forever-in-POST screen situation.
before this. i happened to see 'CPU fan error' message sometimes. but i ignored it since the message shows about just half a second at POST screen.

i'm stuck from yesterday. so just then, i opened my case. i tried to clean the cpu fan. heatsink. and the mobo itself properly. i got into windows and i even install the onboard graphic driver. but when i restart (driver installation demand). i'm stuck again.

what happened to me exactly ? please help.

To be fair, CPU fan error might indicate that you have plugged cpu fan on a different header on your board, or its not connected properly. Can you verify if your cpu fan actually spins when you try to boot up? Also, what did you mean- ''cleaning the mobo properly'' and why you need to reinstall onboard graphics? It seems to me there is a part of story we are missing here.

Feb 9, 2021
To be fair, CPU fan error might indicate that you have plugged cpu fan on a different header on your board, or its not connected properly. Can you verify if your cpu fan actually spins when you try to boot up? Also, what did you mean- ''cleaning the mobo properly'' and why you need to reinstall onboard graphics? It seems to me there is a part of story we are missing here.
i own this pc for a quite long time , with ati hd 4350 plugged in (came with this oem bundled pc). when the stuck happens. i unplug the gpu and i move my cable to onboard port . to see if my gpu causing the issue . well.. i never use the onboard graphic so i have to install the driver.
all of fans were spinning like it always did btw

Feb 9, 2021
unplug vga. ram. cpu. cpu cooler. brush the mobo with a soft brush to remove dust (dont have a vacuum) and brush all visible dust to my eyes. then replacing all parts back. i did this many times already. i knew where all parts should go and plugged.

Ferimer

Distinguished
unplug vga. ram. cpu. cpu cooler. brush the mobo with a soft brush to remove dust (dont have a vacuum) and brush all visible dust to my eyes. then replacing all parts back. i did this many times already. i knew where all parts should go and plugged.
What kind of brush? you should have just used either air or something without a bristle you could have static shocked your motherboard

Reactions: AlexTheFern

MrSomebody

Honorable
Dec 3, 2015

So you can get into BIOS and it doesnt crash? But it crashes when you install driver...
I would probably try to reset BIOS to defaults and try again. Driver crashing the onboard chip can happen if forced to work in resolution its not supporting, however it should not freeze completely. Can you access windows on safe mode without any signed drivers starting up and see what happens on device manager, any missing I/O components on device manager?

TRENDING THREADS