Status
Not open for further replies.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
I currently have a G102 mouse from Logitech and I’ve read some similar issues regarding its double-clicking issue (single left click registers as double click or more, sometimes it doesn’t even register) despite its bad reviews online and one of my friend actually had it and said it double clicked after a few months of use (less than a year from the time of purchase) I still bought it and thought it was a good mouse. It has served me well for the past 8 months and since then it started double clicking.

It is actually weird because the left click / switch is the one that is failing but I played MOBA games such as League of Legends and was spamming the right click more often rather than the left switch so in reality the right click should’ve been the one that’s worn out than the left switch. It also seems that G102 users have been experiencing the exact same problem that I currently have and its also the left switch that’s failing and the other switches are fine (Maybe it is a fault of Logitech on their end). I’m also not a hardcore clicker and have definitely taken care of my mouse so I don’t think it’s a user error since I t is also happening to a lot of users.

I have also read other threads that the Logitech brand is often recommended for durability but the model they are mentioning is G502 and not the G102 so maybe something is wrong with the manufacturing process of G102 and not all Logitech mice seem to have this problem so I still trust the Logitech brand regardless of the G102’s problem.
I just want to know what good gaming mouse brand that doesn’t double click until 2 or more years of use. I have read some threads and said gaming mice are designed to register clicks faster so it would wear out faster than normal mice and that would explain why some of those generic normal branded mice had lasted longer from general and gaming use than this gaming mouse which only lasted for about 8 months. I have read that Logitech is indeed a good brand so I would still consider buying it but after the G102 problem but I think I’ll refrain from buying that model.

Others recommend Razer Deathadder Chroma or Elite and been eyeing that one as well because of its very budget friendly price range. People are saying that it lasted longer for them and had some pretty nice reviews online (the G102 had some pretty nice reviews too but yeah).

I’m thinking of Corsair, Steelseries, Razer and lastly, Logitech (excluiding the G102 model) if there are no other options are available.

PS: I’ve also read threads about the issue of the G102 and I tried fixing it on my end and it takes a lot of time and effort to clean or replace the springs on the switch or replace the whole switch altogether but I don’t have any knowledge on soldering and I don’t know if I can still RMA this mouse since its been 8 months since I last bought it.

Sorry for the long read.
Thanks everyone for their time. Please feel free to suggest a brand that you have been using since the last 2-3 years that had no issue and could be branded as “durable”. I don’t care about the shape or how it looks I just want a good durable gaming mice that could last long until the switch fails and has an adjustable DPI.

Solution
Logitech actually uses some of the best switches available, rated to 20 million clicks. The problem is the cheap plastic shell mushrooms around the switch if you're heavy-handed so needs to be occasionally trimmed, and even shimmed back up with metal tape. They've also gone to a cheap thin cord that breaks.

But seldom do you actually need to replace the switches, even if you are a Diablo player

Aric5656

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
Hello,
I currently use the Logitech G9 laser gaming mouse. I've had it since about 2013 and its still going strong. Now its now super fancy as it only has 4 additional buttons (2 on side and 2 for the wheel tilt). I dont see it failing anytime soon and will probably get another one if it does. it comes with 2 textures you can swap on it, smooth or rough, and it comes with weights to put in it as well. Hope you find a good mouse :)

Edit: Does have adjustable DPI that you can download a program for it and have custom profiles for it that can be switched on the mouse directly.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
Hello,
I currently use the Logitech G9 laser gaming mouse. I've had it since about 2013 and its still going strong. Now its now super fancy as it only has 4 additional buttons (2 on side and 2 for the wheel tilt). I dont see it failing anytime soon and will probably get another one if it does. it comes with 2 textures you can swap on it, smooth or rough, and it comes with weights to put in it as well. Hope you find a good mouse :)

Edit: Does have adjustable DPI that you can download a program for it and have custom profiles for it that can be switched on the mouse directly.

Sadly, I don't think I would still find one in my country and all the mice they have here are the latest models.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
"I have also read other threads that the Logitech brand is often recommended for durability but the model they are mentioning is G502 and not the G102 so maybe something is wrong with the manufacturing process of G102 and not all Logitech mice seem to have this problem so I still trust the Logitech brand regardless of the G102’s problem. "
In your opinion.
Best mobile games of 2019 - happy wheels.

What is this supposed to mean? if you are pertaining about the issue of the G102 about its left click it is in fact a FACT but not an opinion. But if you are pertaining to the "Logitech still being a good brand despite the G102's issue", that one is an opinion.

I have a Razor deathadder mouse. Dont remember when i got it but it started to doe the double click. I took it apart and the plastic piece that strikes the micro switch had warn down, took a small dab of super glue and built it back up and its still going strong today.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
I have a Razor deathadder mouse. Dont remember when i got it but it started to doe the double click. I took it apart and the plastic piece that strikes the micro switch had warn down, took a small dab of super glue and built it back up and its still going strong today.

How long did it last until it started double clicking?

Logitech actually uses some of the best switches available, rated to 20 million clicks. The problem is the cheap plastic shell mushrooms around the switch if you're heavy-handed so needs to be occasionally trimmed, and even shimmed back up with metal tape. They've also gone to a cheap thin cord that breaks.

But seldom do you actually need to replace the switches, even if you are a Diablo player

Solution
How long did it last until it started double clicking?
I bought it back in December of 2010 and is still working perfectly fine but i replaced it mid this year for a Logitech G903 with the wireless charging system.

Like BFG said its not the switch that goes bad, its the plastic part from the mouse button that comes down and strikes the switch that wears out. Mine actually wore a grove in the plastic where the switch button was, so i just filled it back in with super glue and filed it down to match the rest of the plastic.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
I bought it back in December of 2010 and is still working perfectly fine but i replaced it mid this year for a Logitech G903 with the wireless charging system.

Like BFG said its not the switch that goes bad, its the plastic part from the mouse button that comes down and strikes the switch that wears out. Mine actually wore a grove in the plastic where the switch button was, so i just filled it back in with super glue and filed it down to match the rest of the plastic.

Woah that's a solid 9 years, can you say that the Razer Deathadder is Better than the Steelseries Rival? what do you guys think is the more durable between the two.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015

Wait.. so the problem sometimes is not the switch but the top cover of the mouse? (Please correct me if I am wrong).
After I read your reply, I tried blowing air inside the gaps between the upmost part of the mouse and the layer next to it (not the middle gap where the middle mouse button is) but the gap of the left click mouse instead and it stopped double clicking. I don't know how long will this last, if it starts double clicking again im definitely buying a new mouse.

As faalin described, it is the plastic "posts" that come down from the buttons on the top cover/shell that get deformed. You have to take it apart and then it will be obvious.

But if it's only 8 months old then it's still under warranty and you should get a RMA from them.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
As faalin described, it is the plastic "posts" that come down from the buttons on the top cover/shell that get deformed. You have to take it apart and then it will be obvious.

But if it's only 8 months old then it's still under warranty and you should get a RMA from them.

Is there like a way to take off the top shell without breaking it? it seems like its built in.

And my mistake about that, its already been a year and 3 months.

You usually remove the sticker or peel off the feet on the bottom and see the screws under those.

G102 has 2 screws under the front mousefeet (closer to the centerline) and one screw underneath the sticker covering the triangular part by the rear of the sensor. As you have probably surmised, that means there is no way to open it without voiding any warranty you have left on it.

Alberto Bj

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2015
You usually remove the sticker or peel off the feet on the bottom and see the screws under those.

G102 has 2 screws under the front mousefeet (closer to the centerline) and one screw underneath the sticker covering the triangular part by the rear of the sensor. As you have probably surmised, that means there is no way to open it without voiding any warranty you have left on it.

About that, I just bought a Rival 110 and see how well this thing lasts. Per Logitech, i'd say id ditch it completely or sell it. I tried cleaning the switch and the top cover and it still double clicks after 15-30 minutes even after blowing air into it(I guess it's just a temporary fix).

Status
Not open for further replies.