Dec 7, 2021
I have had my PC for 4 years now and it has been running like a beast without any problems. A few days ago I moved my PC to my new appartemen (a pretty long distance actually and by car). When I set up my PC and everything else, everything was working like normal. After a few days tho when I turned on my PC one morning, I just didnt get an image. I tried restarting it a few times, but the closest I got to any kind of image was the boot screen and that screen was only showing for only a few seconds before the system froze. This happened a few times actually but with the same exact result. I checked all the other parts (RAM, PSU, CPU and motherboard) but those parts turned out to work just fine in other systems. I am curious what could have caused the problem.

My specs:
Motherboard: MSI B350M PRO-VDH
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8X
RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 2 x 8GB 3200Mhz
PSU: BeQuiet PurePower10 500W

Dec 7, 2021
That really has nothing to do with anything they ship PC's across the country in the mail with video cards everyday.
Remove the card, and memory and reinstall them, also unplug and replug all power supply connectors.
Edit did you test the card in another PC?
I have done all of the above except testing the card in another pc but a friend agreed to let me test it in his pc. I will also test his gpu in my build just to be sure. If the problem still persists, then I will take the gpu to an IT service shop and let them take a look at it. I also watched HealMyTech`s GPU Troubleshooting video and he mentioned something about buildup of static electricity whilst transporting the PC. I just dont understand how exactly to fix that problem or if that even is the problem

InvalidError

Titan
That really has nothing to do with anything they ship PC's across the country in the mail with video cards everyday.
And many shops are shipping large heatsinks and GPUs in their own box because PCIe slots getting ripped out of motherboards and motherboards getting damaged by tower heatsinks during rough handling are a thing. Some companies put custom-fitted expanding foam blocks inside the case to support large components and reduce the likelihood of shipping damage.

I would strongly recommend removing large heavy components from cases when driving a computer you care for a long and potentially bumpy trip unless it is an OEM system that shipped with internal padding that you can toss back in.

Reactions: TommyTwoTone66
Dec 7, 2021
My PC has been working fine for the last 4 years now untill a few days ago when I turned it on, it didnt give me any kind of display signal. I have tested every component in a different system and they all work just fine. My monitor is also not the problem. All my cables are connected aswell. Pls help if you have any good advice because the PC marked is [bad] rn and I am not going to spend 2k $ on a graphicscard alone.

My specs:
Motherboard: MSI B350M PRO-VDH
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8X
RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 2 x 8GB 3200Mhz
PSU: BeQuiet PurePower10 500W
SSD: 250 GB Crucial SSD
HDD: 1TB Toshiba HDD

Last edited by a moderator: