Jan 25, 2021
Hello, i have this weird problem with my new Monitor and PC.

I bought my new PC 2 days ago and bought a monitor with it. And i Installed Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and Grand Theft Auto V FiveM modification. And i used to play Counter-Strike first.

After a couple of minutes, my monitor just showed a grey screen for 7 seconds and then just says "No video input, entering sleep mode" and all my hardware peripherals stop working too (my mouse,keyboard and headphones), but computer stays working as normal. But monitor lamp is blinking (that happens also when i turn off the computer) and in order to again use the computer i need to cut the power to turn it off and on again after a couple of minutes.

This happened so many times playing Counter-Strike since yesterday it happened once and later i played the game normally. But i was also playing FiveM and i log into a server everything works pretty fine, and the graphics and all. After a couple of minutes it happens again.. Grey screen for a few seconds and the mouse, keyboard and headphones are off. My friend that played FiveM with me says that im just staying AFK and i knew it because computer is still working.

Can someone help me please fix this problem because the computer store i bought it from just says to bring it to the shop and they'll fix it. I know they are going to say everything works fine and still the same error will pop up and i'll need to drive from the store to the house every day which is crazy.

My new PC specs:

AMD Radeon RX580 8gb
Ryzen 7 2700x
BIOSTAR 8450MH Motherboard
700W Power
Philips 248E9Q (23.6inch Wide LCD monitor 248E9Q) (HDMI Port)

I did all tests and it says my GPU and CPU are doing good and GPU Temperature is like 42C right now. Is there any way to fix this or i need to complain and send them guarantee for a new computer or monitor ?

Thanks!

Update: I connected the computer to the TV and realised that the monitor is the problem because this happens. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Honestly, if you just bought the thing I would absolutely be calling to complain... don't tamper with anything yet as they will be much likely to help you out. If you can get it looked at first I would start there before resorting to tinkering with it. Just tell them the exact

To me, sounds like a PSU issue or even a motherboard issue... could even be the GPU only.

Jan 25, 2021
Honestly, if you just bought the thing I would absolutely be calling to complain... don't tamper with anything yet as they will be much likely to help you out. If you can get it looked at first I would start there before resorting to tinkering with it. Just tell them the exact

To me, sounds like a PSU issue or even a motherboard issue... could even be the GPU only.

But if its a PC or Motherboard why do i don't get this error while using computer normally? Only when i run a game to play. And yeah i called them like 7 times they say the same thing, they say to use VGA,DVI or other cables instead of HDMI and it still happens, but i think its a montior because when i got it first it started to act weird like when i turn off the computer he blinks the whole night instead of constant sowing. (That also happens when this error pops up)
thats why i posted this thread. Thanks!

Last edited:

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Not very weird for this to happen, i knew already that they are throwing the electronics in the storage thats usual here. Should i return the monitor too or only the PC?
do you have other monitors/tv's to test on? if its the same case I'd return it because they seem unwilling to help or trying to cover something up...

Jan 25, 2021
do you have other monitors/tv's to test on? if its the same case I'd return it because they seem unwilling to help or trying to cover something up...

Thats a good idea i could connect it to my TV and play some singleplayer (because it would take infinity to bring the LAN Cable to the TV) just to see what is it. Thanks!

Jan 25, 2021
Good to hear! Good luck finding a monitor!

Nah same happened on the tv xD i returned the computer yesterday and they rolled back graphics driver and ran stress test for like 20mins. Everything its ok and its not happening but when i came home and ran Red Dead Online it happened in 20 seconds then i ran the stress test and it didn't happen what can it be?

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Nah same happened on the tv xD i returned the computer yesterday and they rolled back graphics driver and ran stress test for like 20mins. Everything its ok and its not happening but when i came home and ran Red Dead Online it happened in 20 seconds then i ran the stress test and it didn't happen what can it be?
Yikes sorry to hear, but fingers crossed for your next pc!