Dec 15, 2022
I just made a new pc, I downloaded Windows 10 install media onto a usb andI booted it and it came up with "Reboot and select proper boot device" I was using an old USB drive. I'm now using a new USB with windows on it, I boot up and it comes up with "An operating system wasn't found try disconnecting any drives without an OS" It's been like that for like a day and hoping that my entire system is messed up.. please help. (specs below)

SSD: Samsung 870 Evo 500gb
M.2 SSD: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb
Mobo: B550M DS3H AC
USB Drive: Kingston DataTraveller 100 G3 64gb

randyh121

Prominent
Jan 3, 2023
Yea I've done that but still hasn't worked. The USB has two different names too: Theres one with Partition 1 and one without, the SSD I have is P0, is this normal?
Keep booting to different devices until you boot to the USB, thats really the only way you can do it. sometimes the usb is named different things so that could me it, try booting to it

Dec 15, 2022
Just tried that, I went to the boot menu and tried everything (4 options). Any time i chose a different one the screen went black then went to the No Operating screen except for the one labeled with UEFI and partition 1 (the usb), it just went back to the boot options menu after the screen turns black for a few seconds

Just tried that, I went to the boot menu and tried everything (4 options). Any time i chose a different one the screen went black then went to the No Operating screen except for the one labeled with UEFI and partition 1 (the usb), it just went back to the boot options menu after the screen turns black for a few seconds
You need to have UEFI and secure boot enabled in the bios to get an UEFI usb (or uefi anything) to boot properly.

Otherwise disable secure boot, could be called csm something, and boot into the other usb option.

Dec 15, 2022
You need to have UEFI and secure boot enabled in the bios to get an UEFI usb (or uefi anything) to boot properly.

Otherwise disable secure boot, could be called csm something, and boot into the other usb option.
I had CSM on and the UEFI options selected, when I try disable CSM the only boot option is the UEFI usb name, no other option for the ssd or m.2. I tried to boot to it but the screen would just turn black and then return to the bios screen

Last edited: