Question How to figure out which hardware is faulty?

udpratap7

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
Specs :-
AMD Ryzen 3600
MSI B450M VDH PRO 2
16 GB RAM
MSI Geforce 1660 Ti
Corsair VS550 Power Supply (6 years old)
Windows 10 Pro Version 1903
Latest BIOS

I recently built this PC, two things I carried over from last PC are a hard drive and power supply. Everything was running smoothly but from last month or so PC crashing a lot, games crashing randomly to desktop without error message. BSODs such as K MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and KERNEL INVALID LOCK RELEASE. Sometimes just loud screeching sound with PC freezing not necessarily while playing games.

I ran memory diagnostics tests, performed clean install of Windows but can't find whats wrong with my PC and I don't even have spare parts for trial and error.

udpratap7

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
That VS PSU is not something anyone should have in or around a system. Source a donor PSU that has 550W of power for the entire system and is reliably built.
I replaced my old PSU but problem still persists, games crash to desktop with no error messages.
Please help me man

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
When you performed the clean reinstall of Windows (which you did by deleting all existing partitions?), what did you install on the system after that exactly?

udpratap7

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I just installed chrome, Spotify, steam and Avast.
I uninstalled Avast though.
Also I just had a BSOD with Kernel Security check failure while browsing Internet with screeching sound.

And I did this with my Windows (Removed Everything)

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
If it was a clean install of Windows, with all partitions deleted so they were just listed as "unallocated space", and if it was a freshly created Windows installation media made direct from the Microsoft website, activated with a valid licence, I'd probably run CHKDSK

I'm not an expert at all, but as far as I can tell "Kernel Security check failure" generally means a driver issue / bad OS installation, but if you have a clean Windows install with very minimal software, that's puzzling.

https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/#CHKDSK_in_Windows_10

udpratap7

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013
I had a new BSOD which says 'Page fault in non paged area' and sometimes my pc gets stuck on bios loading screen and I have to restart.
I don't know wtf is wrong with this thing.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS