Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017
soo i have a i7 3770 with a non z mobo , as far as i know the i7 can pull off 3.9ghz at turbo but then it drops to 3.4ghz or low when not needed , is there a way i can keep the cpu clock speeds to 3.9GHZ all the time without any drops no matter what i am doing , i just need it to stay 3.9ghz all the time even when im just browsing. i hope i was able to explain , thanks for your answers in advance also is there any way to pull the cpu at 4ghz if possible

specs : intel db75en
i7 3770
gtx 1070
16gig ddr3 ram dual channel
600 watts cooler master psu gold ( i dont remember exactly)

temps at load ; GPU (70c)
CPU ( 60-65C)

Solution
See what values you can enter within Intel's XTU...(XTU typically allows entering/overriding currnt clock speed/core reverse scaling themes, where the top turbo may instead be entered for 1,2,3, and 4 core loadings...)

It would be hard to think that you will find many OC-friendly options within the actual BIOS of an actual Intel mainboard....

(Assuming using WIndows 10, try selecting performance mode within power mngmnt/power plans...)
See what values you can enter within Intel's XTU...(XTU typically allows entering/overriding currnt clock speed/core reverse scaling themes, where the top turbo may instead be entered for 1,2,3, and 4 core loadings...)

It would be hard to think that you will find many OC-friendly options within the actual BIOS of an actual Intel mainboard....

(Assuming using WIndows 10, try selecting performance mode within power mngmnt/power plans...)

Solution

Yash_rc

Reputable
Jun 16, 2017

i mean it goes to 3.9ghz but the thing is i dont want it to drop at all , like 3.9ghz fixed for all cores