Zaxter

Prominent
Feb 21, 2020
Hello, I have an issue with my left mouse button that has been bugging me for a while now. It's slightly sinking down on the right side, so it's hard to press the top right of the button, and impossible to press the bottom right. I literally have no idea how to fix this. My laptop is HP 14 dk0736ms. Any help would be appreciated

Hello, I have an issue with my left mouse button that has been bugging me for a while now. It's slightly sinking down on the right side, so it's hard to press the top right of the button, and impossible to press the bottom right. I literally have no idea how to fix this. My laptop is HP 14 dk0736ms. Any help would be appreciated

If it's in warranty contact HP. If it's not in warranty need to take it apart and see what is causing this, there is no secret way to fix hardware issues, you need to actually see why it's doing it and do the repair. May need to replace the assembly, usually those parts are pretty cheap to buy.

Zaxter

Prominent
Feb 21, 2020
If it's in warranty contact HP. If it's not in warranty need to take it apart and see what is causing this, there is no secret way to fix hardware issues, you need to actually see why it's doing it and do the repair. May need to replace the assembly, usually those parts are pretty cheap to buy.
No, it's not under warranty. I was asking on here, as to avoid taking it apart, unless I have to.

I kinda doubt there is any easy fix for this ... looks like a new touch pad/palmrest/keyboard would cost you $50 - $60 then you'd have to install it.

You could just get a wireless mouse for probably $10 thus eliminating the need for the touchpad. The cheap logitech ones work great (M325). Once you got on to using the mouse ... you'd never want to use the touchpad again anyway... Just saying

Honestly ... I dont know ... do you mean from the outside of the laptop ... like just kinda pry it off? I'm not sure how they fit together ... I kinda think of the touchpad as a 'sealed unit' and if there's a problem replace the whole unit ... I may be wrong about this however. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will respond.