Question I can use USB Tethering to share mobile internet with my PC, but can i do it the other way around?

venetskiiviko12

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
a few months ago my Wi-Fi modem stopped working and it just so happened that i need Internet on my phone so i started looking at youtube tutorials and other threads on how to use USB tethering, after retrying all of them countless times, following everything step by step and still getting no connection on my phone, I realized i was looking at a guide on how to share Mobile internet with my PC, that's not what i'm looking for, i want the opposite. i can't seem to find anything on the internet about this so i decided to make a thread of my own. anyway i'll just get to the question, can i share my PC's internet to my (Android) device via USB? and if i can, how? is it possible that my computer just isn't compatible? it is pretty old it's from 2007, i have a 64-bit Windows 7

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
If your desktop has a Wireless adapter/dongle, you can have it set to a Software based Access Point(AP). I have a TP-Link adapter and the dongles usually come with a utility to make the dongle into a hotspot/AP. Keep in mind that the desktop needs a source of internet(likely the Ethernet port) when the dongle is being used as an AP.

venetskiiviko12

Reputable
Jul 6, 2018
If your desktop has a Wireless adapter/dongle, you can have it set to a Software based Access Point(AP). I have a TP-Link adapter and the dongles usually come with a utility to make the dongle into a hotspot/AP. Keep in mind that the desktop needs a source of internet(likely the Ethernet port) when the dongle is being used as an AP.
i don't have a dongle, all i have is a router connected to my PC with an ethernet cable and one broken wi fi router. i don't have anything i can use to set up a wireless network, that's why i wonder if it's possible to somehow get internet on a singe device i connect to my PC via USB cable