Tomtommi12

Honorable
Feb 26, 2019
Hey, so I've built some pcs in the past and know how to build a pc but in the upcoming days I'm gonna upgrade my PERSONAL pc (upgrading almost everything except gpu) instead of some other so I'm extremely stressed out for some reason that I break one of the components so I kinda want your guys advice on what I should never do when building a pc and some general advice since I just dont know anymore lmao.

Solution
Advice on things you should never do eh? :sneaky: Don't let your cables get too close to fans when you're setting up, been there, broke that :D

Besides that, I'd always suggest keeping your old parts as backup incase something doesn't quite work right. Brand new parts CAN still have issues, and things like a spare PSU lying around makes checking things out a whole lot easier.

One thing I need to do myself is stop getting giddy with new parts arriving and wanting to put it together on the fly. No use rushing and putting a pc together with no RAM etc if it risks damaging something. Wait till everythings at home, on the table ready :)

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Advice on things you should never do eh? :sneaky: Don't let your cables get too close to fans when you're setting up, been there, broke that :D

Besides that, I'd always suggest keeping your old parts as backup incase something doesn't quite work right. Brand new parts CAN still have issues, and things like a spare PSU lying around makes checking things out a whole lot easier.

One thing I need to do myself is stop getting giddy with new parts arriving and wanting to put it together on the fly. No use rushing and putting a pc together with no RAM etc if it risks damaging something. Wait till everythings at home, on the table ready :)

Solution

Tomtommi12

Honorable
Feb 26, 2019

I bought everything separatly when it was on it cheapest or close to it and now I finally have everything. Thanks y'all for your advice gonna build it today.