Question i want to build 2 computers , one for streaming and one for gaming / working and i picked up these configs tell me what shall i change

Mar 8, 2019
so guys hello , i have a basic gaming pc where i stream on and i want to change to another one + build a new one for gaming and doing my work ,

this the new specs that i am willing to have :
AMD RYZEN 5 2600x
Gtx 1070 from Gainward
16gb ram 3200 MHZ
Gigabyte GA-B450M-DS3G Motherboard
250 SSD EVO
850W PSU
(+extra 1tb hardrive)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the gaming / working pc that i want to build as well is as the following :
AMD RYZEN 7 2600X
RTX 2070
16 RAM 3200MHZ
Prime X470-PRO Motherboard
250 SSD EVO
850 PSU
(+extra 2tb hardrive)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what shall i change in each of them or are they good and benchmarking good enough ?
ps : Don't tell me to make only 1 pc and stuff , i know what i am doing i just need advices
thank you ♥

Feb 20, 2019
If the first is a basic gaming machine, that should be great for a gaming machine, and it seems well balanced (When it comes to hardware). But if you are working on the second one, depending on your work, upgrading to 32gb of ram might be worthwhile.

Mar 8, 2019
For the first, I'd be pushing more towards a 1080 than the 1070, probably using gpu NVENC for the encoding, not the cpu OBS. You'll get better performance on 1080p streams.

For the second, what work?
just for coding and working on some computer engeneering programms

Mar 8, 2019
If the first is a basic gaming machine, that should be great for a gaming machine, and it seems well balanced (When it comes to hardware). But if you are working on the second one, depending on your work, upgrading to 32gb of ram might be worthwhile.
just for coding and working on some computer engeneering programms

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
So, you are good then. As long as the programs you'll be using like amd cpus. AutoCad much prefers Intel for instance. Since the engineering side is something only you know what'll be used, ram size is up to you. Nothing I've found requires any more than 16Gb recommended, so any amount higher will be a more specialized set of programming.

Last edited:
For the first, I'd be pushing more towards a 1080 than the 1070, probably using gpu NVENC for the encoding, not the cpu OBS. You'll get better performance on 1080p streams.

Better performance yes, but hardware encoding looks aweful at lower bitrates. It uses macroblocking to encode and you'll see blocky artifacts during fast scenes. Nvidia has made some improvements to their hardware encoding asic in the silicon of the RTX2XXX series, but the GTX1XXX series will definitely look terrible. That's why big streamers use a separate rig for software encoding their streams.

Me personally, I would only go with the RTX2XXX series and hardware encode on medium, or do CPU encoding on a separate PC, which still looks the best at lower bitrates.

Reactions: knell
Mar 8, 2019
Better performance yes, but hardware encoding looks aweful at lower bitrates. It uses macroblocking to encode and you'll see blocky artifacts during fast scenes. Nvidia has made some improvements to their hardware encoding asic in the silicon of the RTX2XXX series, but the GTX1XXX series will definitely look terrible. That's why big streamers use a separate rig for software encoding their streams.

Me personally, I would only go with the RTX2XXX series and hardware encode on medium, or do CPU encoding on a separate PC, which still looks the best at lower bitrates.
what shall i change then and in which pc ?