Question Is My graphics Card artifacting or defective ?

Feb 21, 2022
Hello Dear Pc Master Race , Here is the problem , I have Gygabite Rx 6600 Eagle , Paired with r5 5600x , 16 ram , Gta 5 was freezing when loading city or something , 0.1% fps dropped to 0 , And Then I played fortnite was freezing in lobby , spawn map , landing and after that It was having good fps , When I turn on dx 12 It showes this type of "artifacts" , Also in shadow of tomb rider It showed some kind of lindes on npc and lora , and on boxes and everything . I reinstalled drivers Installed first ones , then I updated again and It helped with only tomb rider artifacts. Can this be that my NEW Gpu is dying or needs to be replaced or Its broken ? , Temperatures are good , 3D Mark Timespy 7500 without overcloking , when overclocked 8300. (on last video black lines are from monitor and bad phone camera , the bugs are on the top of laras head )

Feb 21, 2022
have you first totally removed all existing GPU related data with DDU in Windows Safe Mode?
if not, try that before installing the latest driver package available directly from AMD.
This build was fully new , I installed fresh windows installed ADRENALIN it automatically installed latest drivers , I reinstalled them downgraded and then updated

Jonathan_Steadman

Commendable
Jul 20, 2021
at the point of taking video gpu was fully stocked to factory settings
Check if you put the GPU in correctly. Somtimes that can fix the issue. I can see its a new build. So it might just be faulty. Connect the seller about a replacement. But other people here might help. But if its a new install of the OS and you just updated the drivers. Then it might be a hardware problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: lonewolf2807
Feb 21, 2022
Tested gta 5 also , Lots of stutters while gpu was at 56c These are benchmarks from MSI AFTERBURNER :
21-02-2022, 16:17:58 GTA5.exe benchmark completed, 23052 frames rendered in 134.547 s
Average framerate : 171.3 FPS
Minimum framerate : 39.9 FPS
Maximum framerate : 267.6 FPS
1% low framerate : 3.6 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 2.7 FPS
And this is a clip of a one sttuter of many :

Jonathan_Steadman

Commendable
Jul 20, 2021
Minecraft can run on a potato. If having issues with minecraft. Then there might be a problem with the GPU hardware.
[/QUO
I didnt downlaod literally anything free that costs money from a pirate site , I downlaoded google , steam , epic games from fresh install and gpu testing hostwares
Oh ok. Sounds like a GPU is having issues and you may need to ask for a replacement. Or you have a corrupted driver update.