danish567

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014
Hi im building a gaming pc and in wondering if this motherboard compatible with the cpu im getting and that everything will work.

this is the specs i am getting so far
Intel Core i7-11700K (3.6 GHz, 16M Cache, up to 5.00 GHz)

MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE Wi-Fi Motherboard ATX, LGA1200, DDR4, LAN, 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth 5.1, USB 3.2, Lightning USB, Type C, M.2, RGB, DisplayPort, HDMI, Gen 4 Ready, 10th Gen Intel Core
With this motherboard would it have wifi and bluetooth build it or do i need to buy a pci card ?

also would this ssd im buying would it be fine to install windows and my games on and would it be fine for my motherboard
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-V7S2T0) , Black

Solution
Go check the manual for this motherboard online. Look under the support section for CPU and make sure that it is on the list, and also whether it will need a BIOS revision in order to work with it. It likely could, as it's a "10th gen" board. If the board doesn't offer a way to flash the BIOS without CPU and memory it could require you to source a 10th gen CPU in order to install the required BIOS such for it to work 11th gen.
IMO it would likely be a better idea to pursue a 5xx chipset.

Also, keep in mind that the 4xx chipset (should not) have support for PCI-e gen 4, if that matters to you.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Go check the manual for this motherboard online. Look under the support section for CPU and make sure that it is on the list, and also whether it will need a BIOS revision in order to work with it. It likely could, as it's a "10th gen" board. If the board doesn't offer a way to flash the BIOS without CPU and memory it could require you to source a 10th gen CPU in order to install the required BIOS such for it to work 11th gen.

Also, keep in mind that the 4xx chipset (should not) have support for PCI-e gen 4, if that matters to you.

Solution

danish567

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2014

Could you possibly suggest a motherboard i could get for this cpu ranging from £100-180? And that also can hold the m.2 SDD

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Where are you located? What shopping options do you have?

If you haven't already purchased the CPU and mobo, my single favorite retailer is MicroCenter. They offer the best prices on CPU and they offer $20 off compatible motherboards in a combo deal. Excellent spot for shopping if you have the ability.