Apr 3, 2020
Alright, settle in for this.

CPU: ryzen 5 3600
MOBO: B450 Tomahawk (not max version)
RAM: g.skill 16GB DDR4 3600
Storage: M.2 1TB SSD
GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT
PSU: corsair 650 80+ gold

Ok, I'm building my own PC and all the parts came in and I put everything together and it posts.

I try to install windows by flash drive 7 or 8 times it blue screens immediately. Giving error code critical process failure and turns itself off.
After waiting 20 minutes or so I try to turn it on again but no keyboard, monitor, or mouse. and this is where we start

I can switch between new computer and old computer so I know that the mouse, keyboard, and monitor are working
what I can remember I've tried so far;

the motherboard has been replaced no change

tried switching RAM spots and single RAM no change
tried switching cable from PSU to GPU no change
tried CMOS reset no change
tried NO RAM no change and no beeps

If I plug keyboard while the computer is on it flashes lights once then nothing. mouse and monitor do absolutely nothing.

Please tell me if you know anything to try!

Apr 3, 2020
rgd
checked cpu for bent pins when reinstalled on new mobo and everything appears to be fine. currently working on trying to flash update the bios but having trouble finding a good video on how to do it.
thanks

Apr 3, 2020
update: ram and m.2 are working

could a faulty CPU be responsible for display issues?
the current motherboard has never seen bios.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020
the likelihood that two motherboards have the exact same problem though just seems impossible to me though...
just going to do another bios update and pray, if it doesn't work I'm sending CPU back even though it's going to take forever...

thanks for the help

Apr 3, 2020
FINAL UPDATE
it was the CPU. i dont know what happened to it but it initially worked and then just fried i guess. this was a fully new build for anyone looking in the future. blue screens and cut out of monitor keyboard and mouse means CPU i guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.