Steve_K7

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016
So today while I was playing warzone I was getting terrible lag. Getting 90-120 FPS but having the game feel like it's was at 20 FPS. My mouse was lagging too! Even in the options tab. At first I thought it was my monitor's issue since I have a 60hz monitor but why would that cause my cursor to lag across the screen as well? I have pretty good internet, wired. Doesn't seem like bottleneck; cpu is running at 60-70% while gpu is at steady 85-99%. Gpu and cpu timing seems very close to each other too. Ram is running at 3200mhz and the game is on a ssd. Idk what else it could be. Any help is appreciated.

Ps: drivers are all up to date, both windows and graphics & game.

pc specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Gigabyte B450 arorus gaming v2 mobo
16gb Corsair vengeance rgb 3200mhz
Msi gtx 1660ti
Samsung 870 evo

monitor:
Samsung 27" 60hz (don't know the exact model)

Solution
So I found the problem. Some how the monitor resolution instead of being at 60hz it was at 59.978 and it looks like it wasn't synced in game some how. It was running at 60hz in game settings so I changed it back and everything is running smooth again.
ever tried to update the bios to the latest? also seat the ram on slot 2 and 4 after update, then turn on XMP again.

You might want to see the cpu settings on the bios and find the CCD option. Turn that into 1 CCD so make it sure it runs 6 core 12 threads, since my friend got wierd issues when the pc is built and the cpu only runs 4c 8t, went to bios and try enable 1CCD, and voila it runs 6c 12t.

after updating the bios try to uninstall the latest driver using DDU and install the latest one, then install amd chipset driver.

Reactions: Steve_K7

Steve_K7

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016
ever tried to update the bios to the latest? also seat the ram on slot 2 and 4 after update, then turn on XMP again.

You might want to see the cpu settings on the bios and find the CCD option. Turn that into 1 CCD so make it sure it runs 6 core 12 threads, since my friend got wierd issues when the pc is built and the cpu only runs 4c 8t, went to bios and try enable 1CCD, and voila it runs 6c 12t.

after updating the bios try to uninstall the latest driver using DDU and install the latest one, then install amd chipset driver.

ok thanks I'll give that a try today and update. The weird thing is it was ok when I installed everything for like a week. Then it just randomly happened.

Steve_K7

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016
So I found the problem. Some how the monitor resolution instead of being at 60hz it was at 59.978 and it looks like it wasn't synced in game some how. It was running at 60hz in game settings so I changed it back and everything is running smooth again.

Solution