Question Laptop can't boot into windows

Vodlex

Prominent
Jul 12, 2021
Hello, I am having problems with booting windows on my laptop. It Freezes and glitches on boot all the time, I can't manage to open windows at all.
First I got DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION stop code through safe mode. Replaced SSD with HDD drive and it was working fine after I installed a fresh copy of windows 10, until I restarted it. Then it started freezeing again on boot. Then i got 0xc000000f error code.
Only way I can enter windows is to do a fresh windows installation on it, when the installation is finished it freezes. Then I put the hard drive into antoher laptop, and finish the windows installation. After this I put it back in the problematic laptop, and it can boot normally and work normally until I restart it.
I tried lots of things. Several fresh windows installations, another hard drive, windows repairs through command prompt, bios set ups…
Nothing actually fixed the problem, but when I am on, when I get into windows, everything seems fine, it does not freeze at all until I restart the laptop and it tries to boot windows back up again.
I would be thankful if someone can help me with this issue.

NOTE: I've tested all the HDDs and SSDs I used for for this and made sure that they work properly.
Laptop model: Lenovo Y50-70

blackkeys1098

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2016
This page might help you out - https://recoverit.wondershare.com/computer-problems/fix-windows-error-code-0xc000000f.html

Aside from that, how are you reinstalling windows? From the built in recovery or something external?

I've found that a lot of the basic (aka illicit) copies of windows install better with fewer issues and a lot less bloatware

Or maybe give linux a try - at the very least to wipe your system clean then reinstall windows over it

Vodlex

Prominent
Jul 12, 2021
This page might help you out - https://recoverit.wondershare.com/computer-problems/fix-windows-error-code-0xc000000f.html

Aside from that, how are you reinstalling windows? From the built in recovery or something external?

I've found that a lot of the basic (aka illicit) copies of windows install better with fewer issues and a lot less bloatware

Or maybe give linux a try - at the very least to wipe your system clean then reinstall windows over it

Any other OS other than Win10 works without any problems.
Tried installing a downgraded version of windows 10 but that didn't work either.
I've been using an USB to install the OSs the entire time.