Jun 28, 2024
Hello, I've just bought an rx 6800 to pair with my ryzen 5 5600x, to replace my old RTX 2060 as I was getting subpar performance, and thought it to be a faulty card.

However, the issue has been made seemingly worse, giving me 40-50 frames in games like cyberpunk 2077, dying light 2, and the finals.

On MSI Afterburner, I am seeing my GPU only being used at around 20-30 percent, and being supplied with 100-120 Watts, while my CPU hits upwards of 70 percent utilization and causes major stutters, screen-tearing and extremely choppy framerates, even while they are higher in more competitive games like Valorant and R6. This obviously makes games feel unplayable, as according to benchmarks and youtube videos, I should blow past 90 frames consistently at 1080P ultra settings in Cyberpunk, yet I only sit at 40, due to the low gpu util.

I have tried everything; reseating my ram, using DDU to clear out both GPU and Chipset drivers, I have tried resetting my CMOS battery, I have tried changing monitor, power cable and I have tried to use things like process lasso, but these seem to only worsen my performance. All my drivers are up to date and my motherboard has the most recent BIOS.

I've been constantly trying to get my PC to run smoothly for the past year, while I still had my old gpu and a Ryzen 5 4500. I have spent countless hours, and countless pounds on this build to try get it to run smoothly, please help me out.

My PC Specs are as follows:

GPU: rx 6800
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
RAM: 16gb DDR4 clocked at 2667 mhz
PSU: SYSTEM 10 bequiet 650W
MOTHERBOARD: MSI A320M-A PRO
DRIVE(S) I have a 500gb Fanxiang SSD for my main OS drive, with a 2tb for storage, I forgot the brand on that one.

If anyone can help me out with this nightmare of an issue, words cannot describe how thankful I'd be, because it has been plaguing my very existence.

Thanks in advance :D

GPU: rx 6800
PSU: SYSTEM 10 bequiet 650W
the be quiet! System series units aren't exactly designed for this type of use.
they were more intended for basic use iGPU systems with low power draw and can't really handle high power spikes with dedicated GPU uses like gaming.

and which specific RX 6800 is this?
some quote up to 750w minimum requirement.
though even with a 600-650w max usage this PSU may not be able to handle it properly.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
this isn't really a high tier gaming CPU either.
it would also be holding back the fps produced in games like Cyberpunk.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran