frimano

Commendable
Feb 21, 2021
I have a ASRock B550M Steel Legend and recently my motherboard's RGB lights started to randomly blink, i've always had it at full red. I filmed it. First it started to randomly decrease the brightness of the LEDs, then it would blink a greenish color (second video), now it blinks a blue color (first video), this started happening after i started using a Anne Pro 2 USB-C keyboard (don't know if it has something to do with it). I tried a different power outlet from my bedroom with same results.

Solution
will check on that, the screws thing i kinda doubt since i build this pc 5 - 6 months ago, i think the issue would happen earlier, about the usb c driver, how could i safely reinstall my usb c driver? There's no nothing usb related to be downloaded on the mobo's page too

edit: it's not the first time i have problems with my usb c port, i tried connecting my oculus quest 2 to it in the past, it would connect as usb 3.0 the first time after a reboot, if i disconnect it and reconnect it would stay stuck at 2.0 until i restarted my computer entirely, the issue would not happen with my laptop
Go to device manager find your usb controller unistall the usb 3.0 using the menu option then re-install.

frimano

Commendable
Feb 21, 2021
From what I'm reading you need to change the filenum to the version of the utility that is on your computer.
yeah i figured that out, still got an error, i posted this on reddit too and someone replied the same thing, here is my response:

tried the steps but it gave me an error (icp mode fail), i then tried to install the polychrome beta version from my mobo's page, it wouldn't open the program, unninstalled the beta and installed the main one again, still wouldn't open, restarted my computer, wouldn't boot, tried turning it off with power button and turning it on again, still wouldn't boot, turned off my psu then unplugged energy cable until mobo lights were all off, connected all again, now it boots, i'm thinking about getting another mobo, i just came back from a random reboot issue and now this, <Mod Edit> my life

Last edited by a moderator:

The Idiot

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2013
yeah i figured that out, still got an error, i posted this on reddit too and someone replied the same thing, here is my response:

tried the steps but it gave me an error (icp mode fail), i then tried to install the polychrome beta version from my mobo's page, it wouldn't open the program, unninstalled the beta and installed the main one again, still wouldn't open, restarted my computer, wouldn't boot, tried turning it off with power button and turning it on again, still wouldn't boot, turned off my psu then unplugged energy cable until mobo lights were all off, connected all again, now it boots, i'm thinking about getting another mobo, i just came back from a random reboot issue and now this, <Mod Edit> my life
Maybe the motherboard is slightly bent from the screws in the standoffs being too tight, or the ubsc driver might need to be reinstalled.

frimano

Commendable
Feb 21, 2021
Maybe the motherboard is slightly bent from the screws in the standoffs being too tight, or the ubsc driver might need to be reinstalled.
will check on that, the screws thing i kinda doubt since i build this pc 5 - 6 months ago, i think the issue would happen earlier, about the usb c driver, how could i safely reinstall my usb c driver? There's no nothing usb related to be downloaded on the mobo's page too

edit: it's not the first time i have problems with my usb c port, i tried connecting my oculus quest 2 to it in the past, it would connect as usb 3.0 the first time after a reboot, if i disconnect it and reconnect it would stay stuck at 2.0 until i restarted my computer entirely, the issue would not happen with my laptop

The Idiot

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2013

Go to device manager find your usb controller unistall the usb 3.0 using the menu option then re-install.

Solution