[SOLVED] My pc makes a never-ending beep sound and won't display anything on screen.

Nov 19, 2019
So recently I swapped out my CPU from a Pentium E5700 to a Pentium E8500. After the swap my PC upon booting made a continuous beeping noise. (Not like a beeep, beeep, beeep. More like a Beeeeeeeeeeee...). To add on, it doesn't display anything on the display. Does anyone know any fixes?

CPU - Pentium Dual Core E8500
Motherboard- Acer Veriton M275
Ram - 8GB 800mhz
GPU - GTX 960 2GB

Solution
Look in the owners manual for a CMOS, or BIOS reset jumper. You may need to clear some old setting out from the BIOS.
The olther way to do this is to remove the MB coin cell battery for 30 seconds.
It wouldn't hurt to double check that the CPU is installed in the right direction.
The other possibilty is some connector or memory module got disturbed when removing the heatsink. Check all connectors, sockets, expansion slots and wiring.
Look in the owners manual for a CMOS, or BIOS reset jumper. You may need to clear some old setting out from the BIOS.
The olther way to do this is to remove the MB coin cell battery for 30 seconds.
It wouldn't hurt to double check that the CPU is installed in the right direction.
The other possibilty is some connector or memory module got disturbed when removing the heatsink. Check all connectors, sockets, expansion slots and wiring.

Solution