Question Not sure if my sapphire nitro r9 380 is dead or not but i'd like to know if it actually is

Apr 15, 2022
Hi,
So the is my first post and thought i'd get some kind of help here
This issue presisted for about a year now where my games would either crash or give me BSOD and no it does not have any driver issues or virus related things since i've been installing fresh windows and updated drivers thinking it would work but it didn't work nor does it relates to the problem i have. Anyway. I bought the gpu when covid first struck and still using it ever since, couple of months ago my gpu didn't gave me a display when a BSOD or GSOD happened and i was forced to repair it, the guy told me the chip was fried and he had to replace it, after that he even tested and played a few games on his pc which worked fine apparently, but whenever i game on my pc it just repeats the same thing that happened years ago without any new change. So this lead to me doubting my psu which was 600 Watt Cooler Master standard version which i picked up in second hand, instead i bought a new psu recently which is XPG pylon 650W 80+ bronze NEW, but nothing really changed when i changed it.

I've done every kind of tests for the past few years and trying to figure out what the actual cause is including gpu stress test, cpu stress test etc. but none of those tests ever crashed my pc or gave any noticeable issue that i could tend to.

Specs:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570S CPU @ 2.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Mobo: Supermicro X10SLQ-L
Memory: 8GB RAM DDr3
GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120G
PSU: XPG pylon 650W 80+ bronze NEW

guy told me the chip was fried and he had to replace it
very likely you just have a faulty graphics card.
something internally has to malfunction for any included chips to have fried if you could prove it was not a result of the low quality power supplies used.

you could have RMA'd it to the manufacturer and got a replacement but allowing a 3rd party to physically dissect and alter the card by supposedly replacing a chip will have voided any such warranty.