[SOLVED] Only 1 out of 2 monitors goes black for roughly 3 seconds randomly while gaming, and consistently when using the steam app

Oct 23, 2021
For awhile now my monitor (AOC Q27G2G4) has suddenly been going black for about 3 seconds while I'm playing games, and happens consistently whenever I open up a games store page on the steam app. The frequency of the black-out varies from game to game, but it seems to be the worst in Tabletop simulator where it happens constantly, making the game pretty much unplayable. One of the fixes I found was starting the game in Fullscreen, then putting it to windowed. This stopped the issue until I relaunched the game.

The weirdest bit to this is how it happens consistently whenever I open up any store page with a video preview using the steam app. For instance, if I go to the fallout 4 page, the screen will go black the moment the trailer starts the play. If I scroll off the page, the moment the video goes out of view, my screen goes black again. Same thing if I scroll back up. I tried to recreate this issue on my second monitor and it never went black once. This doesn't happen with YouTube or Reddit, only steam pages that have a video, or when the main store page has some sort of animation like for the winter sale or whatever.

I've checked the ports on my GPU and they seem fine. Swapping the ports between my main and secondary monitor don't fix anything either. All my drivers are up to date including Geforce. The display port cable itself is fine since the issue still happened when I used a different cable.

Since the issue is isolated on my AOC monitor, could this be a hardware issue?

PC Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-9600K 3.70GHz
GPU: Geforce RTX 2070-Super (MSI)
Mobo: ASUS Prime B360M-A
PSU: Corsair RM650x
RAM: 16GB of Crucial Ballistix (Also another 16GB of the same but possibly faulty)
STORAGE: 953GB Inland PCIe NVME-SSD (OS Installed here)
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 HDD
931GB Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 SSD

Reactions: Kendruu
Solution
Display Port can have issues (pin #20) with some versions. It's supposed to be backwards compatible but occasionally isn't. You can try DDU and then reinstall fresh gpu drivers, or try hdmi instead.
Jan 31, 2022
I have AOC32G1WG4, and 2 other displays, and have a same problem, when I playing league of legends sometimes JUST AOC goes black for 3s . my GPU is Geforce 1060 6gb. I had only 2 monitors before and didn't have this problem (AOC is main) so i have this problem with 3 monitors on 2 everything works fine.

Oct 23, 2021
I have AOC32G1WG4, and 2 other displays, and have a same problem, when I playing league of legends sometimes JUST AOC goes black for 3s . my GPU is Geforce 1060 6gb. I had only 2 monitors before and didn't have this problem (AOC is main) so i have this problem with 3 monitors on 2 everything works fine.
Interesting. I wonder if this is an issue with the monitor itself then? I know AOC monitors are typically cheaper price wise, but I cant see why it would be an issue.

TRENDING THREADS