Thundurh

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2015
Hello! I have had a problem with my computer freezing while gaming for about 3 or 4 years now. Sometimes while I am gaming it will happen in about an hour or two, and sometimes it can be just 5 or 10 minutes.

I have replaced every single part in my PC (besides my storage components), which has not fixed the freezing. So this leads me to think that this has been a virus causing this all along... I can't think of any other hardware-related issues that could be causing this since I have literally replaced everything. (GPU, CPU, MOBO, PSU, RAM, Case).

What do you think? And if you do think it is a virus, what do you think would be the best way to try to get rid of it. I am considering doing a factory reset with Windows, but I am not sure if that would do anything. Thanks!

Solution
Hmmm... So you are thinking this is being caused by Windows? At the moment my Windows is not activated so who knows. Would I need to repurchase the full Windows license (around $100)? Also, how would I "troubleshoot Windows, drivers and SW"?
Why are your windows not activated ? That disables some functions and options.
Second problem with reused windows installed on another system is that it might not be compatible 100% because of built in drivers so new installation is usually recommended together with new drivers from parts manufacturer.
Hello! I have had a problem with my computer freezing while gaming for about 3 or 4 years now. Sometimes while I am gaming it will happen in about an hour or two, and sometimes it can be just 5 or 10 minutes.

I have replaced every single part in my PC (besides my storage components), which has not fixed the freezing. So this leads me to think that this has been a virus causing this all along... I can't think of any other hardware-related issues that could be causing this since I have literally replaced everything. (GPU, CPU, MOBO, PSU, RAM, Case).

What do you think? And if you do think it is a virus, what do you think would be the best way to try to get rid of it. I am considering doing a factory reset with Windows, but I am not sure if that would do anything. Thanks!
Replaced everything but Windows ? Cheapest and fastest way would be to troubleshoot Windows, drivers and SW.
Make a full disk backup if you haven't done already, install new windows and drivers and see what happens, you can restore backups if that's not the problem.

Reactions: Thundurh

Thundurh

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2015
Replaced everything but Windows ? Cheapest and fastest way would be to troubleshoot Windows, drivers and SW.
Make a full disk backup if you haven't done already, install new windows and drivers and see what happens, you can restore backups if that's not the problem.
Hmmm... So you are thinking this is being caused by Windows? At the moment my Windows is not activated so who knows. Would I need to repurchase the full Windows license (around $100)? Also, how would I "troubleshoot Windows, drivers and SW"?

Why are your windows not activated ? That disables some functions and options.
Second problem with reused windows installed on another system is that it might not be compatible 100% because of built in drivers so new installation is usually recommended together with new drivers from parts manufacturer.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS