[SOLVED] PC wont boot (No beep-No bios image) fans are spinning and lights are on

Oct 26, 2019
This problem doesn't happen all the time, but it happens usually when i switch some cables, if i plug for an example the speakers in a different USB port or when i remove all the cables and plug them back again.. it used to happen often when i plug an old headphone but i got my self a new one.
Here's what i tried :
  • Unplugging everything and turn On the PC with no monitor no mouse... (nothing plugged).
  • Change RAM, i did a test for my RAM too and it says no problem found, i think if it's the RAM i would hear multiple beeps!!!
  • Updated BIOS.
So what i have to do to make my PC working again is to cut the power and remove the CMOS battery and hold the power button 1 min, after that when i turn on the PC it will beep and the BIOS menu will show up and ask me if i wanna reset it or set the last working configuration. if i choose the first one it starts normally, but if i choose the second one the problem might occur.
This solution doesn't work sometimes and i have to repeat the process until it works.
I had and old CPU "AMD 6300" with it's old cooler but i changed both of them now.

CPU : AMD FX 8300 3.3Ghz + MasterCooler Hyper 410r
GPU : GTX 960 4Gb
HDD : 2 x 1Tb
Mobo : Gigabyte 970A-DS3 rev 1.1
PSU : vp 450w
RAM : 8Gb

I don't know if it's the Mobo, PSU or something else ?

Solution
most likely a motherboard issue the fx cpu motherboards were plagued with issues

driver issues
bug issues with fans headers

you could try updating the bios to its latest filmware to see if it fixes the issue

also that power supply would be a culprit too duel rail power supplys are not good go for a strong single

recomending more power

EVGA 650 B3, 80+ BRONZE 650W,
most likely a motherboard issue the fx cpu motherboards were plagued with issues

driver issues

you could try updating the bios to its latest filmware to see if it fixes the issue

also that power supply would be a culprit too duel rail power supplys are not good go for a strong single

recomending more power

Reactions: Z.D.E
Solution
Oct 26, 2019

driver issues

recomending more power

Thank you for your answer, i'll see about the PSU, but why does it happen often when switching cables, and i have already updated the BIOS; But can i update it to BETA which is not tested according to the website..
I just took the PC too a technician and i'll write his answer here as soon as i get it.

Thank you for your answer, i'll see about the PSU, but why does it happen often when switching cables, and i have already updated the BIOS; But can i update it to BETA which is not tested according to the website..
I just took the PC too a technician and i'll write his answer here as soon as i get it.

so after doing some research i found a old review of this psu which splits the rails in the typical fashion

basicly the 2 rails are 180w each
the kicker is

rail one powers everything on 180w
rail 2 only powers your cpu so thats 180w dedicated to the cpu
apart from the ram and chipset and other items that run on that rail 3.3 and 5v like some harddrives.
that is were the 120w is

so basicly this is why your graphics card is starved of power and shutting of its trying to draw power on that one rail and it pulls 126w under load and leaves a little bit of power for the motherboard and is probly why it switches off when you plug in something to power it as it doesnt have enough power

at least that is my theory

review
https://www.hardwaresecrets.com/antec-vp450-power-supply-review/6/

Reactions: Z.D.E

TRENDING THREADS