Jun 21, 2022
Whenever I boot up a game and leave it open for long (like 15-to 20 minutes) without issuing any commands, games stutter regardless of the game's system requirements and maximum FPS I can get from the said game starts to lag . (for example If I'm getting maximum of 75 FPS in a game and go AFK, I can only get 55-60 or lower FPS and that performance decrease is permanent for that game.)
It happened first while I was playing Company of heroes, than Elder scrolls Online, Total War Shogun 2 and then world of warships and now, Lobotomy Corporation (A 2D GAME!)

I've tried a few solutions including uninstalling/installing and getting another CPU but seems like none of them worked since I'm still getting 40-to-58 FPS in Lobotomy Corporation.

System specs if it'll help in any way:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16318MB RAM
Page File: 12842MB used, 11410MB available
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 12176 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB
Shared Memory: 8158 MB

Okay, I know its an illogical thing to say but I'm starting to believe that my pc is possesed in some sort of way because these performance drops happen only when I'm AFK and can not be reverted, there's no problem if I keep playing.

I appreciate any and every help, and before anyone of you ask me to get a new GPU / RAM etc. I can't so getting new hardware is out of question.

Ralston18

Titan
Turn off all sleep modes, power savers, etc.. to determine if the problem occurs/continues.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that occur 15- 20 minutes after you go away from the keyboard.

Look in Task Scheduler: Some process may be launching in the background having been triggered by 15- 20 minutes of system inactivity.

Then fails to stop when you return to the game.

Jun 20, 2022
Dude, I have the same problems except I leave mine in the main lobby overnight. Come back and the game plays like total crap. All power saving modes are disabled though. Just here to share my common issue. Probably something else causing it though, don't worry about me, worry about the original poster plz ;-)

Whenever I boot up a game and leave it open for long (like 15-to 20 minutes) without issuing any commands, games stutter regardless of the game's system requirements and maximum FPS I can get from the said game starts to lag . (for example If I'm getting maximum of 75 FPS in a game and go AFK, I can only get 55-60 or lower FPS and that performance decrease is permanent for that game.)
It happened first while I was playing Company of heroes, than Elder scrolls Online, Total War Shogun 2 and then world of warships and now, Lobotomy Corporation (A 2D GAME!)

I've tried a few solutions including uninstalling/installing and getting another CPU but seems like none of them worked since I'm still getting 40-to-58 FPS in Lobotomy Corporation.

System specs if it'll help in any way:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700KF CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16318MB RAM
Page File: 12842MB used, 11410MB available
Chip type: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 12176 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4018 MB
Shared Memory: 8158 MB

Okay, I know its an illogical thing to say but I'm starting to believe that my pc is possesed in some sort of way because these performance drops happen only when I'm AFK and can not be reverted, there's no problem if I keep playing.

I appreciate any and every help, and before anyone of you ask me to get a new GPU / RAM etc. I can't so getting new hardware is out of question.
Start the game and get to some area.
Let it sit.
Open task manager/processes.
Anything extra start after 10/15 mins?

Jun 21, 2022
Turn off all sleep modes, power savers, etc.. to determine if the problem occurs/continues.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for any error codes, warnings, or informational events that occur 15- 20 minutes after you go away from the keyboard.

Look in Task Scheduler: Some process may be launching in the background having been triggered by 15- 20 minutes of system inactivity.

Then fails to stop when you return to the game.

Sleep mode is turned off, Power plan was in High Performance so problem is not related to those two

There's nothing weird in Reliability history and there were no tasks that have started today.

As for looking at task manager, that was the situation. I dont remember wether lobocorp was that much memory-intensive from the beginning or it happened after the "incident" https://prnt.sc/HcaHjFP-4vnM

But if I also open Opera or Chrome I lose approximately 10 FPS, so I guess our prime suspect is ram ?

also another note: I left a game called Etherium (an RTS game from 2005) for two hours, FPS didnt go down but whenever panned the camera FPS flactuated a bit, I dont know what to make out of this.

Edit: Honestly I don't know what to do, it doesnt even make any sense. Think about it, your hardware is working perfectly fine and then out of the blue it performs worse and worse but its the same hardware, I am sure that its not a malware because I even formatted my pc, it did kind of solve the issue with shogun 2's performance issues but it still lags when pikemen fight each other (no lag when swordsmen or archers fight though)

Last edited: