JoeyAngelo

Honorable
Jan 20, 2016
So, I'm about to buy a backup battery for my PC, I live in Florida so that means lots of very brief power surges, and I'm scared that my pc will get fried one day. So I have one already, but it's not enough for it to sustain gaming without beeping incessantly. I'm looking to get a 600w APC backup, specifically https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VY12HW4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. And I was wondering if my setup will at least give me 5 minutes to shut it off if the power happens to go out. Hell even 2 minutes is enough. I"m just worried because I have an r9 390 for GPU. Normally I'm playing Overwatch and I know wattage will depend on the application, but I'm just worried that it may not be enough. My power supply is 600 watts currently (Model PS-132-101600 WATT 80 PLUS POWER SUPPLY). Below are my complete details.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-JOEY
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model AX370-Gaming K7
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Default string
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F24, 12/25/2018
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product AX370-Gaming K7
BaseBoard Version se3
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Unsupported
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.17763.194"
User Name DESKTOP-JOEY\js_fe
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
RAM:
Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Single DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) CL16 DR x8 DIMM 288-Pin Memory - BLS16G4D26BFSE (Red)

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 9.77 GB
Total Virtual Memory 19.3 GB
Available Virtual Memory 10.8 GB

Solution
The BX1000M that is linked to, has a USB port that you can connect to your PC. That will signal the PC to shutdown cleanly before the battery dies. Once you get the UPS it will provide an estimated protection time. Before you purchase, you could use a power supply calculator to get an estimated power consumption and then use the table on the APC website to estimate your protection time.

kanewolf

Titan
The BX1000M that is linked to, has a USB port that you can connect to your PC. That will signal the PC to shutdown cleanly before the battery dies. Once you get the UPS it will provide an estimated protection time. Before you purchase, you could use a power supply calculator to get an estimated power consumption and then use the table on the APC website to estimate your protection time.

Solution

JoeyAngelo

Honorable
Jan 20, 2016

Guess I'll have to try that. Thanks!