Aug 31, 2022
Hi! (this is a long text but if u read it thanks ;) )

This is kind of a rant and also a question. I was playing with my pc today (specs in earlier posts) and minding my own business. I have a gigabyte mbod and ofc didn't mind the software, which is known to <Mod Edit> destroy pcs. Well yea so i was playing and suddenly out of nowhere my monitor outputs go blank. Im like "huh?". Yeah and then begins the troubleshootting process. I literally had no idea what the cause could be, but i started basic troubleshootting. I checked my ram, my connections, drivers, windows version and everything. I really wanted to avoid having to clean boot my pc so i did everything carefully. My pc started acting up again, and then i realized "THE FRCKING GIGABYTE APP SOFTWARE!".

I went and opened it and it tried to update itself. When it was ready i started the software and "boom!" my pc did the same as before but this time all my fans went to hundred in a quarter of a second. I quickly shut down my pc and start looking from the internet for advice. I find out that the gigabyte software has caused other ppl this too in the past. I find some posts about people fixing the issue by deleting the software in safe mode. So i try to do the same which takes me like 2 hours, and in the end still don't get it to work.

In the end i decide just delete them by force. After this i boot up my pc in normal mode. Everything seems fine and i check that all drivers are in place. I think everything is fine but when i wanted to test if my gpu was alright i opened heavenbench. It runs smoothly for a second and again the pc goes crazy. Now im like super mad and i start my pc once again but this time my gpu doesnt work. The leds and fans just like flicker randomly. I plug my monitor to the ipgu and it works fine.I go see from system hardware that my system sees that i have a gpu plugged but its not detecting it.

Here comes the question: Im now like really tired of this and i just want to ask what should i do now?

Ps. I just want to say that all gigabyte products and software are absolute <Mod Edit> and you should avoid gigabyte products at all cost. I got myself in to a value trap which made me buy a gigabyte mbod and gpu. Also their customer service is good as useless.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the last 8-9 years I’ve had 3 Gigabyte GPU’s (GTX 780, RTX 2080S & RTX 3080) and also a Z87 motherboard. All have worked without fault. I’m currently using the 3080 with their software to control the rgb.

I can understand if you have had a bad experience why you would avoid the brand but for your bad experience there are people who have had a good experience.

Aug 31, 2022
In the last 8-9 years I’ve had 3 Gigabyte GPU’s (GTX 780, RTX 2080S & RTX 3080) and also a Z87 motherboard. All have worked without fault. I’m currently using the 3080 with their software to control the rgb.

I can understand if you have had a bad experience why you would avoid the brand but for your bad experience there are people who have had a good experience.
Great that they have worked for you. Don't want to start an argument, but do you think that their products are the same quality as other big brands. Im not sure but everywhere i go people hate on gigabyte and this is the common trope. And have you used the app software, because if you havent your point doesnt match with anything other than that i said that the products are badly designed. I still hope someone can give advice on this matter..

USAFRet

Titan
Great that they have worked for you. Don't want to start an argument, but do you think that their products are the same quality as other big brands. Im not sure but everywhere i go people hate on gigabyte and this is the common trope. And have you used the app software, because if you havent your point doesnt match with anything other than that i said that the products are badly designed. I still hope someone can give advice on this matter..
I do.
I've also had several gigabyte boards over the last decade...nary a problem with any of them.
From a Z77, up to and including the B550 Pro I'm using right now.

However, I don't use whatever "app" they come with.
Don't need it.

As I said, I’m using their software/app to control my 3080’s RGB, also used it on my 2080S. Don’t remember about my old Z87 board and I don’t think my 780 even had a supporting app. Having used most other well known brands I don’t see anything to say one brand is better quality than the others. From a hardware point of view all have their good and bad products. From their supporting software I find they are similar, none are great but I’ve not had one cause any major problems.

Aug 31, 2022
This is with ANY component and manufacturer.

You only find the haters.

You don't see the tens of thousands who have zero problems.
Well now i know that people who know how to use gigabyte dont use gigabytes recommended softwares. Okay i guess these things are kind of based in opinions. Well at least if they deliver bad products their customer service should be on point. Gigabyte is the first and only brand that i've had problems with and i dont think that is a coincidence. Well i wasnt asking for people who just want to protect a huge company's already bad reputation, i wanted help with my problem. Please somebody if you know anything tell me.

USAFRet

Titan
Well now i know that people who know how to use gigabyte dont use gigabytes recommended softwares. Okay i guess these things are kind of based in opinions. Well at least if they deliver bad products their customer service should be on point. Gigabyte is the first and only brand that i've had problems with and i dont think that is a coincidence. Well i wasnt asking for people who just want to protect a huge company's already bad reputation, i wanted help with my problem. Please somebody if you know anything tell me.
I'm not 'protecting' anyone.

Just relating my non-problems with gigabyte motherboards.
Similarly, my non-problems with ASRock motherboards.
Or any other motherboard I've used this century.

This is simply related on a problem with a singular component.
Like hard drives.
"I had a Seagate. It died! I'll never buy another one!!"
And the next guy comes along as says the exact same thing about WD drives.
Or Toshiba.

Problems like this can only be compiled in fleetwide numbers.
If out of 10,000 ASRock motherboard, there was a 1% fault rate, and among 10,000 gigabyte boards there was a 10% fault rate....then we'd have something to worry about.

Reactions: Lafong
Aug 31, 2022
I'm not 'protecting' anyone.

Just relating my non-problems with gigabyte motherboards.
Similarly, my non-problems with ASRock motherboards.
Or any other motherboard I've used this century.

This is simply related on a problem with a singular component.
Like hard drives.
"I had a Seagate. It died! I'll never buy another one!!"
And the next guy comes along as says the exact same thing about WD drives.
Or Toshiba.

Problems like this can only be compiled in fleetwide numbers.
If out of 10,000 ASRock motherboard, there was a 1% fault rate, and among 10,000 gigabyte boards there was a 10% fault rate....then we'd have something to worry about.
Alright, i understand your point. My experiences with for example ASUS gpus and ROG mbods are way better than with gigabyte. Of course because of this im going to be one sided on this topic. AGAIN, good that you have great experiences but do you have any advice on my problem?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
This is not just their software. Asus AI suit kills some PC and others work fine on it, I've seen Logitech software cause problems with some PC's and work fine with others.

So basically you could say all software is junk to some users when other users have 0 problems.

This is the same as windows updates you would probably not believe the number of post here where a windows update broke their PC when the vast majority of people had no issues with the same update.

EDIT you can't explain it or find a pattern it just happens sometimes.

Aug 31, 2022
This is not just their software. Asus AI suit kills some PC and others work fine on it, I've seen Logitech software cause problems with some PC's and work fine with others.

So basically you could say all software is junk to some users when other users have 0 problems.

This is the same as windows updates you would probably not believe the number of post here where a windows update broke their PC when the vast majority of people had no issues with the same update.
Yes every software has its problems, but this is a different case. This software is not mandatory although gigabyte makes it seem like it is. I havent encountered the same problem with other brands. And even though how much you say that the software is fine, its still bloatware, mostly useless, waste of pc recources, a possible source of instability, really ugly and badly designed. The software should work properly especially when its directly connected to the bios and has the possibility to ruin hardware worth alot of money.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Yes every software has its problems, but this is a different case. This software is not mandatory although gigabyte makes it seem like it is. I havent encountered the same problem with other brands. And even though how much you say that the software is fine, its still bloatware, mostly useless, waste of pc recources, a possible source of instability, really ugly and badly designed. The software should work properly especially when its directly connected to the bios and has the possibility to ruin hardware worth alot of money.
Then uninstall it.
Like I said about any software can do the same thing to any brand or maker but work fine for 99% of the people.
As for not being mandatory still no different you don't have to install Asus AI suite it's optional and works for most people but causes problems for others.

If it's just bloatware then why did you install it in the first place? Most of the time it's just gimmick stuff that you can manually do in BIOS instead of using software.

Never seen any of it RUIN hardware just makes some bad settings especially if your trying to use a auto overclock function it always adds more voltage than is needed to ensure it's stable when if we had the same processor I might get the same overclock as you using like .04 volts less and still be stable when yours could need the extra 0.04 volts to be stable. But the auto overclock don't know the quality of the chip you have compared to mine so they set the voltage high so it should be stable on most chips.

EDIT if you buy a prebuilt PC it will be full of bloatware, if you build your own then only you can install bloatware.
Install windows, download the necessary drivers for your hardware for the PC to function correctly anything after that your installing bloatware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lafong

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Alright, i understand your point. My experiences with for example ASUS gpus and ROG mbods are way better than with gigabyte. Of course because of this im going to be one sided on this topic. AGAIN, good that you have great experiences but do you have any advice on my problem?
I stopped buying Asus products over 8 years ago because they were a good company at one time but now they rely on gimmick software when you can buy a board with higher quality parts than they use for the same or lower price with other brands. I do my best to talk customers out of using Asus products when they request them.

For advise on your problem just uninstall it as I said before. Not even going to look for your other post since your only supposed to make one for your problem.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2022
I stopped buying Asus products over 8 years ago because they were a good company at one time but now they rely on gimmick software when you can buy a board with higher quality parts than they use for the same or lower price with other brands. I do my best to talk customers out of using Asus products when they request them.

For advise on your problem just uninstall it as I said before. Not even going to look for your other post since your only supposed to make one for your problem.
The problem is that now ive uninstalled it and now my pc is going crazy. I can always clean boot but id like to avoid that.

I've built pcs mainly for other people and ive bought once an asus mbod. I installed all the chipsets but now the ai software because it wasnt mine. I said that ive bought asus gpus alot and they have worked great.