TheTroll3446

Commendable
Jul 14, 2017
So I bought a used Gigabyte Auorus RX 580 8gb that was used for mining. It didn't even work when I got it but I eventually got drivers on it and now it works fine until I was playing Destiny 2 last night and the game randomly froze, I saw some artifacts, then the screen turned Purple/Pink and there was a loud buzz coming through my headphones. I looked at GPU-Z thinking it had a mining BIOS or something odd on it, and what I found is it doesn't have the correct BIOS a Gigabyte Auorus should have. It instead has Bios Version 015.050.000.001.000000 which doesn't line up with the Tech Power up VBIOS database for the model I have. https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...sion=&interface=&memType=&memSize=8192&since= When I tried to use AMD Winflash, I got a Subsystem ID Mismatch error. I really don't know what to do.

Solution
It seems to have an asus vbios on it.

Download this and extract if needed:

Now look at your card and download the correct vbios and put it in the folder with the above program.

Now go to an admin cmd prompt. Navigate to the folder where that program is by using the change directory command.

Then type
amdvbflash.exe -f -p 0 "NameOfYourBIOS".rom

Keep in mind, if the vbios is incompatable it can brick the card.

Now look at your card and download the correct vbios and put it in the folder with the above program.

Now go to an admin cmd prompt. Navigate to the folder where that program is by using the change directory command.

Then type

Solution

TheTroll3446

Commendable
Jul 14, 2017

Then type

If It bricks the card, what can I do to fix it?