Baraa_Al Turk

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Ok here's the question, since I haven't seen any build on youtube that supports both so...

I'm an Interior Designer/Architecture Student and I love both of my work and gaming 50/50 and since I'm gonna be using programs for rendering (3d Max, Revit, Lumion...) will the normal gaming builds work just fine? Ryzen 7 3700X, RTX 3070, 16GB 3600 MHz
I'm looking for a build that can handle both, now I have seen that most workstation computers have Intel Xeon in them.
is there any suggestion?

Thank you.

Solution
oh, you thought I was gonna game on it while it's rendering, ofc not that's a no-no, no one is his right mind will play on pc while rendering

Well then focus on your rendering needs (number of CPU cores , Amount of RAM , etc)

and then add a GPU for gaming. I would suggest you get RTX 3080 because of the 10GB Vram , RTX 3070 with 8GB is not recommended for future gaming on 4K .

Baraa_Al Turk

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
this look good to you?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/wxkxhg
The GPU is 500$
Thank you for spending the time doing this list, now its very similar to the list I've created but...
  1. do you think it's better to go with an AIO or an air cooler? since in rendering I'm gonna need as much cooling as possible
  2. do you think the NZXT H510 will be good for airflow? since I have seen multiple people saying that it doesnt have that much of an airflow and it might choke your PC

1. do you think it's better to go with an AIO or an air cooler? since in rendering I'm gonna need as much cooling as possible
Why are you going to need as much cooling as possible?! CPUs are designed to run at full speed within safe temps.Using overclocking for rendering has too little benefit to consider it.

Workstations use xeons mainly because of the support and the very stable platform that has stood the test of time.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
in my work field, rendering images take a lot of time (sometimes days) so I have to keep my pc running for days sometimes with enough cooling for it

If your projects take days to render , then do not game on the same machine , Some times if the game crash your whole system will crash and you will have to restart your PC . not recommended at all what you are trying to do .

Make two machines , one for gaming and one for rendering projects.

Baraa_Al Turk

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
If your projects take days to render , then do not game on the same machine , Some times if the game crash your whole system will crash and you will have to restart your PC . not recommended at all what you are trying to do .

Make two machines , one for gaming and one for rendering projects.
eh, I don't poop money you know xD

Baraa_Al Turk

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Then dont game on the machine while it is rendering projects that takes days ... the system needs to be ultra stable while rendering for long times.

Just get the best rendering machine you need and dont bother about gaming while rendering.
oh, you thought I was gonna game on it while it's rendering, ofc not that's a no-no, no one is his right mind will play on pc while rendering

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019

Well then focus on your rendering needs (number of CPU cores , Amount of RAM , etc)

and then add a GPU for gaming. I would suggest you get RTX 3080 because of the 10GB Vram , RTX 3070 with 8GB is not recommended for future gaming on 4K .

Solution

TRENDING THREADS