SpaceFrontier

Honorable
Jan 10, 2015
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade my PC and I'm stuck between getting an EVGA Black or MSI Armor 2070.
Currently, I'm thinking of just getting whichever I can find cheapest on the day I purchase as they're both around the same price but can fluctuate between sites by quite a large margin.

After researching benchmarks and reviews, it seems that the MSI Armor has VERY slightly better performance on average, 1-3fps at most in some games, but their previous gen cards are known to have cooling issues (is this still the case)?
People tend to really like the EVGA and praise its cooling and "boost" mode, but currently in my currency (£GBP) the EVGA is more than the MSI (although this changes almost daily when checking PCPP for the best deals).

What are your experiences with the cards? Which do you prefer, and why? Anything I'm missing?
My current build plan for reference: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cWjcJ8

Both are 8GB/1410Mhz-1620Mhz.
MSI: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product...2070-8gb-video-card-geforce-rtx-2070-armor-8g
EVGA: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/mYYLrH/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-8gb-black-video-card-08g-p4-1071-kr

Thanks in advance!

Solution
As far as gaming performance goes, the difference will be negligible.

From a personal perspective (as I have stated on multiple threads) - I am an MSI fanboy as I find their cooling solutions great, their support great and I have never had a problem with them. I am also based in the UK but I usually find most of the time MSI are more expensive.

So overall, I would say go for whichever fits your budget, or that you prefer aesthetically (assuming they both physically fit in your case in the same way). Personally, I've always tended to opt for MSI when I could.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador

From a personal perspective (as I have stated on multiple threads) - I am an MSI fanboy as I find their cooling solutions great, their support great and I have never had a problem with them. I am also based in the UK but I usually find most of the time MSI are more expensive.

So overall, I would say go for whichever fits your budget, or that you prefer aesthetically (assuming they both physically fit in your case in the same way). Personally, I've always tended to opt for MSI when I could.

Solution

SpaceFrontier

Honorable
Jan 10, 2015

Thanks, I had a feeling this was the case - I'm more inclined towards MSI because my current MOBO and GPU are both MSI and I had no issues at all with either. When it comes down to it I'll just see which one has the better offer.