aymen11512

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
hello, 2 days ago i started having an issue with my PC, when im playing (mainly rainbow six siege because thats all i play) i get a black screen, sometimes the gpu fans go on full speed, sometimes the rgb on the gpu starts flickering, so i have to shut the pc down from the power button on the case. when i turn it up again the gpu doesnt show anything (most of the times) and the rgb keeps flickering untill i unplug the pc and plucg it back in, everytime i turn my pc back on the gpu is disabled so i have to enable it back..
i could not replicate these symptoms consistantly, i do benchmarks, i ve stressed the cpu, gpu, rams and it works fine but randomly i get something like this 7 (times already in 2 days)

what i ve tried so far is
update the gpu driver
clear cmos
reinstall windows with nothing on it but essentials
reseated the gpu and made sure all cables are connected
reinstalled chipset drivers

my build is :
asus rog strix B550 F
asus rog strix RX6650XT
RYZEN 5 5600
16GB kingston fury 3200mhz
COOLERMASTER 550W MWE Bronze

What you've described is absolutely a power issue.

Before replacing anything you can try the following:
  • disconnect and reconnect all power cables that connect to your video card and motherboard
  • take the video card apart and repaste the GPU and assess the thermal pads on the power delivery/VRAM (this means you need paste for the GPU and appropriate pads in case any are damaged)

However if the video card is still under warranty I wouldn't recommend taking it apart as that would be a good way for the company to claim user damage.

Reactions: kerberos_20

aymen11512

Reputable
Aug 11, 2019
What you've described is absolutely a power issue.

Before replacing anything you can try the following:
  • disconnect and reconnect all power cables that connect to your video card and motherboard
  • take the video card apart and repaste the GPU and assess the thermal pads on the power delivery/VRAM (this means you need paste for the GPU and appropriate pads in case any are damaged)

However if the video card is still under warranty I wouldn't recommend taking it apart as that would be a good way for the company to claim user damage.
well it s still under warranty, but i live in north africa and bought the card from germany, the website no longer ships to countries outside the EU so sending the card and paying for shipping is almost as expensive as getiing a new one

TRENDING THREADS