Dec 29, 2020
My Specs:

Athlon 220GE
Asrock A320M HDV
8GB Hyperx DDR4 2666MHz
ADATA XPG ASX6000 Lite 256GB
Asrcok RX 560 2GB
Raidmax RX 400 XT 400W PSU

Whenever I add or swap a hard drive from one that's in my system, my motherboard boot priorities change to the drive that I just added. When I then change the boot drive to the SSD, I get an error upon booting saying that it is not a valid boot device, yet I have been booting into windows off that very ssd for about 2 years now. The hard drives I'm using were salvaged from dead PCs and I did format them before using them. Its only when I install to a particular hard drive which in the bios says has Windows Boot Manager (for some reason) can I then change the boot priorities to the SSD and things will work. Having only the SSD installed does not fix the problem either. I reinstalled windows on the ssd yesterday, but the same thing keeps happening (my first install was made using macrium reflect). Shockingly enough, while I was using my PC, the system turned off and went into the bios and my SSD was not being read. That was fixed with a CMOS clearance but that is very odd.
One last thing, I can only get my board to read 2 out of 3 of the hard drives connected to it. So for instance, if I want to run drive 3, I must disconnect either drive 1 or 2, I can't have all three. I previously owned a ryzen 5 2600 and I never had this issue.
Thank you.

Solution
If you install the OS with more than one physical drive connected, the boot partition often/usually ends up on 'the other drive'.

Remove that drive, and it will fail to boot.

Start over....
Install the OS with ONE physical drive connected.
Then, you should be able to move around and disconnect whatever other drives you desire.

USAFRet

Titan
If you install the OS with more than one physical drive connected, the boot partition often/usually ends up on 'the other drive'.

Remove that drive, and it will fail to boot.

Start over....
Install the OS with ONE physical drive connected.
Then, you should be able to move around and disconnect whatever other drives you desire.

Solution
Dec 29, 2020
Raidmax RX 400 XT 400W PSU
That's the first thing that I'd swap out.

As for your platform, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
Bios version p6.10. I recently had a corsair vs450 but it died and killed my 2600 in the process. I just need my computer to turn on for now. I will probably get a new psu by the end of the month