Mar 14, 2021
I've had a TP-LINK (Model: TL-PA2010) for a long time connected to my xbox one. It always worked fine, until some months ago when it started randomly disconnecting always at the same time (from about 9:00pm to about midnight, italian time, always at a random time between these hours once a day). The problem can be fixed by unplugging and re-plugging the adapter connected to the modem, and that's a problem since i use it for online gaming. The ip that the xbox use while connected via cable is static and it's forwarded to a port out of DHCP's range, so other devices shouldn't interfere. I tried installing the official tpPLC utility tool to check if the power saving mode was on, but the tool doesn't work for me because it doesn't show the button to change settings (I don't know why). Any idea of what could be causing this? Or maybe some troubleshooting actions i can do? Thanks in advance.

Solution
If unplugging and replugging the unit fixes the issue, then I think it's the unit itself. I would simply buy a new one of the exact same model and see if that fixes the issue. If so, then you can warranty the old one if it's still under warranty.

kanewolf

Titan
I've had a TP-LINK (Model: TL-PA2010) for a long time connected to my xbox one. It always worked fine, until some months ago when it started randomly disconnecting always at the same time (from about 9:00pm to about midnight, italian time, always at a random time between these hours once a day). The problem can be fixed by unplugging and re-plugging the adapter connected to the modem, and that's a problem since i use it for online gaming. The ip that the xbox use while connected via cable is static and it's forwarded to a port out of DHCP's range, so other devices shouldn't interfere. I tried installing the official tpPLC utility tool to check if the power saving mode was on, but the tool doesn't work for me because it doesn't show the button to change settings (I don't know why). Any idea of what could be causing this? Or maybe some troubleshooting actions i can do? Thanks in advance.
First thing to check, did someone plug in a charger at that time? Or turn on a desk lamp? Something creating noise on the powerline is the usual cause.

If unplugging and replugging the unit fixes the issue, then I think it's the unit itself. I would simply buy a new one of the exact same model and see if that fixes the issue. If so, then you can warranty the old one if it's still under warranty.

Solution