Chris_264

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2016
I have an issue.
My monitor is old enough that it doesn't have displayport, but only DVI. My 2070 however doesn't support DVI, and I can't exactly get an adapter that supports 144hz.
Can I potentially daisychain the cards so I can use the outputs on the 1070, but use my 2070 for gaming?
How would I achieve this?
At this point I might just need to buy a new monitor, but I'm looking for a temporary solution.

Cheers

Solution
I have an issue.
My monitor is old enough that it doesn't have displayport, but only DVI. My 2070 however doesn't support DVI, and I can't exactly get an adapter that supports 144hz.
Can I potentially daisychain the cards so I can use the outputs on the 1070, but use my 2070 for gaming?
At this point I might just need to buy a new monitor, but I'm looking for a temporary solution.

Cheers
There are displayport to dual link DVI adapters. That can support 144hz according to Google.
For example -- https://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-DisplayPort-DVI-D-Active-Adapter/dp/B00DYRQXMK/

kanewolf

Titan
I have an issue.

Cheers
There are displayport to dual link DVI adapters. That can support 144hz according to Google.
For example -- https://www.amazon.com/VisionTek-DisplayPort-DVI-D-Active-Adapter/dp/B00DYRQXMK/

Solution
If you can install both cards physically, then you can just run windows graphics settings and it will allow you to select an executable and choose which card to use with it, independent from which card is connected to the monitor.
It works for iGPU/GPU for sure but should work for two gpus as well.
Ka87GNV.jpg

TRENDING THREADS