Oct 26, 2021
I've been looking to play Warzone at high frame rates and have continually been underwhelmed by the performance of my components.
I originally had an I7 9700 (non k), EVGA 3070 TI, 16gb 2666 ram single stick, and booted the game off of a hard drive. I was getting about 70-90 FPS on 1440p.
I just recently upgraded my motherboard to a Aorus Z-590 Ultra, I9 11900K, EVGA 3070 TI, and kept the same ram and game on the hard drive. My frames have improved a little to 100-120 at most (changing settings from low to high makes a small difference of about +/- 10-15 fps, still between 100-120)
I keep watching YouTube videos for best graphics and Windows settings for Warzone as well as other people's performance on the game with similar specs and theirs are always at least pushing 140+fps. Temps sit around 55c for CPU, and 65 for GPU. I've tried all of the pc power setting adjustments, setting the exe file to high performance, and the render worker count adjusting from 4-8 (rebooting the game every time for each number in-between).

I have 2 ideas to potentially improve performance which are:
Get faster ram and use dual channel, looking at 3600 mhz (2x16gb).
Load the game on an SSD.

Goal: utilize my 144hz 1440p monitor

I feel like these differences can only add so much. If anyone has any information on what I can do to see better performance before I go an upgrade please let me know. These brand new parts definitely should not be performing like this.

Solution
Hey there,

Yes, you've already pointed out where you can get better performance. Single V Dual channel, is a good starting point. The difference in terms of performance can be anywhere from 5-20% task dependent, but has a good boost in most games.

Sticking game on an SSD will certainly help with load times. Not with performance (FPS).
Hey there,

Yes, you've already pointed out where you can get better performance. Single V Dual channel, is a good starting point. The difference in terms of performance can be anywhere from 5-20% task dependent, but has a good boost in most games.

Sticking game on an SSD will certainly help with load times. Not with performance (FPS).

Reactions: Phaaze88
Solution
Oct 26, 2021
Tried out my roomates 2x 8 3200 ram and it boosted my fps to average: 172fps low settings, 168.4 Mid settings, and 148.8 Ultra w/ raytracing (no DLSS on any). I was shocked how much dual channel and ram speed/times could change the performance. I just picked up my own 2x16gb 3600 ripjaws kit right after that. Thanks for all the help guys!

Reactions: renna