Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
Hello, So here are my specs
i9-10900kf
rtx 3080
colorful z490 vulcan x 20
colorful 32gb ram
gamemax 1050w psu

When I go to bios and change EIST ( Intel SpeedStep ) to off, Overclocking doesn't work anymore for some reason,
I'm able to change the core clock in bios but when I do nothing happens, it stays at stock 3.7ghz (cpu-z)

I tried turning on/off:
intel speed shift technology
intel speedstep technology

I tried removing CMOS battery and putting it back, tried resetting bios, tried everything, but I still can't OC my 10900k when EIST is off
I tried adjusting the Voltage to Higher or Lower, from 1v to 1.5v
I tried checking system power settings, and I put CPU minimum and maximum to 100%
and nothing fixed it

btw, when EIST is on I can't control my overclocking, the system chooses the CPU core clock by itself ( usually from 4 ghz to 4.8 ) no more than that, even if I changed it to 5ghz in bios, for example,
nothing happens, It's still from (4ghz-4.8ghz), Even if I change the clock on bios to 3.7ghz, its still goes from 4ghz to 4.8 approx for some reason!!
I don't know if it's because of my Mobo Manifacture or anything, but I really need help right now, thank you so much

Hello, So here are my specs
i9-10900kf
rtx 3080
colorful z490 vulcan x 20
colorful 32gb ram
gamemax 1050w psu

When I go to bios and change EIST ( Intel SpeedStep ) to off, Overclocking doesn't work anymore for some reason,
I'm able to change the core clock in bios but when I do nothing happens, it stays at stock 3.7ghz (cpu-z)

I tried turning on/off:
intel speed shift technology
intel speedstep technology

I tried removing CMOS battery and putting it back, tried resetting bios, tried everything, but I still can't OC my 10900k when EIST is off
I tried adjusting the Voltage to Higher or Lower, from 1v to 1.5v
I tried checking system power settings, and I put CPU minimum and maximum to 100%
and nothing fixed it

btw, when EIST is on I can't control my overclocking, the system chooses the CPU core clock by itself ( usually from 4 ghz to 4.8 ) no more than that, even if I changed it to 5ghz in bios, for example,
nothing happens, It's still from (4ghz-4.8ghz), Even if I change the clock on bios to 3.7ghz, its still goes from 4ghz to 4.8 approx for some reason!!
I don't know if it's because of my Mobo Manifacture or anything, but I really need help right now, thank you so much
this guy gives a decent walk through here

encise

Commendable
Aug 21, 2018
odd alright how old is the motherboard and cpu? and where were they purchased from?, you are certain the cpu is a kf and not a rip off?
I bought all the specs from a local store in the middle east ( Saudi Arabia ) about 20 days ago, And yes I'm sure the CPU is KF and not a rip off lol

Update: After multiple tries from yesterday and multiple hours of clearing the CMOS over and over again to change bios settings to get it to work
It looks like I got the problem fixed, I changed EIST to ON and TDP Lock to On from the motherboard, it was off
and disabled intel speed shift technology, now I'm running a constant 5ghz, so I think the problem got fixed,

So I think TDP Lock fixed the problem, I don't really know what's that but I tried to turn it on because why not, and everything is fine now, thanks all
I hope someone who's having my problem benefits from this article, Thank you all !!

Last edited:
Reactions: white.a.drew

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS