[SOLVED] which graphics card can I buy for i5 9600K without bootleneck of CPU???

Solution
This is an excellent suggestion. You get the impressive IPC of the Intel 12 series with what is an excellent chip for the money, and which is currently faster than or competitive with everything AMD has to offer with the exception of the 5800X3D. It's bang for buck at its finest and the best advice you've been given here by far, this is worth doing and maybe hanging on for another 2-3 months to then get a powerful graphics card that such a system could drive. And then maybe another few months down the line, upgrade to a higher res monitor.
The OP is into first person shooter games where frames per second mean a lot so he has the right monitor atm imo. A 12400 / 12400F along with an RTX 3060, AMD 6600XT or RTX 3060 Ti should...
Apr 28, 2022
i have bottleneck only in BF5 100% CPU and 50% GPU wth is that, on medium settings and get 70 fps and lagging, i cant play, maybe u can solve this problem
Motherboard : MSI Z390 PRO 4 ,
CPU - i5-9600K 4,3GHz,
16GB RAM 3200MHz,
gtx 1660 SUPER

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what you are doing, but yes. Six cores no hyperthreading is going to be a problem in some recent multiplayer titles and AAA games. Still playable though. And you can always take that opportunity to crank the resolution and details up.

It does seem something wrong. Run userbenchmark and share the public link to the results.

2018-11-25-image-p.webp

Apr 28, 2022
Depends on what you are doing, but yes. Six cores no hyperthreading is going to be a problem in some recent multiplayer titles and AAA games. Still playable though. And you can always take that opportunity to crank the resolution and details up.
evry game :new single players, new multi, new coop, etc... for gaming

Apr 28, 2022
Now i got gtx 1660 SUPER, Z390 Pro4, 16GB RAM 3200MHz but if i wanna upgrade my GPU idk which GPU to buy. I playing games like CS GO, LOL, BF5, God of War, CyberPunk2077 . Meybe u can help me.

Lutfij

Titan
Your issue is the processor, not the GPU, if you go for anything higher, based off of what you've said and received suggestions for on these threads;

You might want to also state the budget you have allocated for your GPU purchase, your location and your preferred site for purchase, in order to get worthwhile suggestions.

As far as your system specs are concerned, you need to list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

logainofhades

Titan
i have bottleneck only in BF5 100% CPU and 50% GPU wth is that, on medium settings and get 70 fps and lagging, i cant play, maybe u can solve this problem
Motherboard : MSI Z390 PRO 4 ,
CPU - i5-9600K 4,3GHz,
16GB RAM 3200MHz,
gtx 1660 SUPER

The CPU is the problem, not the GPU. You would see 0 benefit from a new GPU. Easy upgrade, find a used 9900k. The most sensible option is to make the jump to 12th gen.

Reactions: drivinfast247

logainofhades

Titan
DO NOT GET A 3080 OR 3090 FOR 1080P!!!

Why not? It is fine for high refresh gaming, and will last them a long time. Get the best GPU you can afford, and your PSU can handle, without going super low on the CPU. Just look at the 1080p results, from techspot's 6700xt review. There are some titles that even a 3090 cannot do 144fps, on 1080p ultra, and that number is only going to increase, in the coming years.

Why not? It is fine for high refresh gaming, and will last them a long time. Get the best GPU you can afford, and your PSU can handle, without going super low on the CPU. Just look at the 1080p results, from techspot's 6700xt review. There are some titles that even a 3090 cannot do 144fps, on 1080p ultra, and that number is only going to increase, in the coming years.
Because if you're trying to maximize the amount of performance for what you have to pay, the 3090 is a terrible buy for 1080p gaming. Assuming MSRP pricing, you can spend three-quarters less on a RTX 3070, but lose about 20% on average performance according to the TechSpot review. And this isn't including secondary costs to support the 3090 like say a higher wattage PSU.

So unless performance requirements suddenly skyrocket in the coming years, you'll save more in the long run going with something cheaper.

EDIT: Math is hard. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited: