jmhyrum

Commendable
May 25, 2018
I am creating a gaming build for my father for father's day. He would like to use the system like a console where he would only need to use a controller to access his steam user account (different from admin). I'm wondering if there is a way to create a custom way to login to Windows 10 with an Xbox one gamepad. Or restrict a user to using steam big picture or they will be logged off. I'm trying to make the PC have a user account which will function as close to a SteamOS (but I need windows) or Xbox console type of interface.

jmhyrum

Commendable
May 25, 2018
Yes indeed this is what I'd do for his account thank you. I was just wondering if windows 10 allowed for custom login settings such as using an Xbox controller's buttons as a passcode such as on an Xbox Console. I would like to have some basic password he can use his controller to login with

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I'm not aware of an out of the box capability for that, however you could theoretically use the Xbox settings app to remap the xbox controller keys - issue being you'll want to return the map to default on login. So that'd be interesting to see if there is a mechanism to do so.

By the way, fair play for treating your Father to this! Kudos.

jmhyrum

Commendable
May 25, 2018
Thanks he wanted to start playing some games with us kids and his old hp just can't handle the games. I was also thinking about the remaping of the controller. It would totally work but I'm wondering if I could create a script or if a program could automatically change the mapping back once windows booted up. Like if you can create a custom mapping for the windows login service (like some programs allow for applications).

TRENDING THREADS