Rootkit

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Rootkit.
  1. G

    format c

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I have 2 copy of windows xp on my c hard ware and I want to delete one of them safetyl Thank you Saaid Saleh N
  2. B

    Compatibility Problems Causing Random Lockups?

    This is my 2nd homebuilt PC and the 1st one that isn't working well. Here are the specs: Antec 900 case GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3R LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX MSI R5850-PM2D1G Radeon HD 5850 OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK ZALMAN...
  3. H

    not allow users to change desktops?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) In win98 I can set up policy files for each user and control their desktop. From my research, this is not possible in XP Pro (single machinel, multiple users) due to the single GPO that affects everyone. Am I wrong...
  4. G

    comp. won't reconize cd rom drives

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) a while back i was tryin to see if there were any updates for my artec dvd/cd-rw drive. i found an update but it was a firmware flash update and since they had made the drives with 2 different chipsets i had to disconnect...
  5. G

    C:windowssystem32autoexc.nt

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) C:\windows\system32\autoexc.nt i get this only on one computer with xp home sp2 when i load it another computer with xp home sp2 it loads in ok and program works. thanks for reading. john
  6. zettabyte94

    Gigabyte Radeon HD 6570

    So I want this graphics card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125376 It's the Gigabyte version of the Radeon HD 6570. They slightly overclocked it so its memory clock is 1600mhz rather than 1333mhz, and its core clock is 670mhz rather than 650mhz. What is its wattage...
  7. gta_bmx

    "This Old Compaq" question about upgrading

    My neighbors have a Compaq Presario low end system that they bought new in '03. It has XP but only came with 128mb of RAM, 250watt PS, Celeron 2.4 gig CPU, and oddly enough no reset button on the front or a PS off/on switch in the back. It locked up while I was testing it, and I had to unplug...
  8. lucuis

    Windows Media Player 12 Ripping Problem.

    Evening folks. I have come across an issue in Windows 7 using WMP12. I cannot rip a cd in wav(lossless). I can rip it using other formats. However i'm not interested in using a lower bit rate, since i have almost 2k songs ripped at this bit rate already. I did all my ripping under Windows...
  9. G

    HELP WITH CHKDSK!!! PLEASE!!!!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) When I start up or load different things on my comp at the bottom in the tray it says "The file of directory C://blahblah/blahblah is corrupt and unreadable, run the Chkdsk utility." So I go to Chkdsk and start it...
  10. S

    Epson cartridge emptyerror message

    Hello, I have a similar problem with the 4000 should it solve by cleaning the contact points,how can I reset it.so that the the cartridge shows full not empty when it is a new cartridge
  11. watters1996

    Dual Monitor help PLEASE

    Hi Guys, Basically i have my normal AOC pc monitor connected to my graphics card through VGA (1080p) and the picture quality is absolutely fantastic. What it is I've got an LCD 24" TV here which is full 1080p and ive plugged it into my graphics card through HDMI but the quality on the hdmi tv...
  12. G

    Restoration Incomplete Your computer cannot be restored to

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I not a regular user of system restore. Usually I use go back. But system restore captures a longer period of time and this time I could use it for that reason. I wanted to go back to nov 1. It has a Restore...
  13. G

    Colours are shifted when printing from any program in Wind..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) A few months ago I installed CorelDraw 10 on my Windows XP system. After that, my Canon BJC-3000 printer started printing washed out colours. Red came out as orange, magenta as pink, etc. After uninstalling CorelDraw...
  14. M

    Serial Port Problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I am having the following problem with my serial port (COM1), and it seems to be windows (XP Professional) related: I think Windows is controlling the DTR (pin4) and RTS (pin7) signals from COM1. Instead of these pins...
  15. G

    Computer turn on asks for password then turns off

    Hello, i am running windows 7 and have a toshiba. my laptop suddenly froze, so i turned it off and upon turning it back on it asks for a password. however all the passwords ive used for my computer dont work, and to make things worse if i get it wrong 4ish times the computer shuts off. can...
  16. G

    System restore

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I had just ran a full update to my computer using Windows updates then the next day I ran a system restore. Will the restore effect my updates ??
  17. F

    My Computer Keeps Waking Up On Its Own

    Every night between 4:45am and 5:55am, my computer wakes up on its own. I used to put it to sleep at night. But I recently changed it to hibernate instead, since I have a very fast computer. There is a BIOS option for "Set Wake Event By BIOS", or "Set Wake Event By Operating System". I left it...
  18. J

    Sound driver

    how to install my loptop's sound driver
  19. D

    Zero Memory?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) My son's computer suddenly will not display wallpaper pictures or open files, upon looking around it shows he suddenly has ZERO memory. He has very little memory used up on this 40GB computer...what happened? Would re-...
  20. G

    Usernames

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) When I start up a chat client such as MSN, AOL, or YAHOO my user name automatically appears. How do I delete my username from the entire system. Thanks!
  21. A

    Usb driver

    Hello,in my toshiba laptop is not showing usb driver
  22. miahallen

    64 bit & performance

    So, with Windows 64 coming soon, what are we expecting as far as performance goes. From what I've read, the only benefit's we'll see are with apps that are 64 bit (duh!). But, in what form will those benefits be? Are we talking about general all-round performance...or are specific types of...
  23. G

    Question on COPY problem with HP Office Jet All in one - O..

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) My girlfriend has such an HP OfficeJet 6110 All-in-one printer/scanner/copier, etc.. It has a problem copying documents. It seems to cut off the edges of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper when it copies. Cuts off about 1 inch all the way...
  24. E

    Windows XP Mouse "Snap To" problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) I am having trouble with turning off the mouse "Snap To" feature: the cursor still snaps as though it were on. I have restarted my computer and turned this setting on and off several times and it still does not work. I...
  25. G

    Windows XP & Sound Blaster Live! Value

    I just installed XP, everything works great, except my sound is crackily. Say I am playing an mp3 and then open some program, the sound becomes normal and clear when this happens but once the computer has stopped thinking and the usage goes back to 0% or whatever, the sound gets crackily again...
  26. andrewcarr

    $15 windows 8 tempting

    Currently my laptop is running on windows 7 and the $15 upgrade to windows 8 seems like a good deal. I do game a bit on the laptop as it's a Y570. I was wondering if it's worth buying and installing it right away, buying it (while it's cheaper) and upgrading in a few months once they have some...
  27. G

    Win 8 Msoft Download - Full or Upgrade?

    Hello, I read a thread on Slikdeals.net where you can download Win8 for $40. Someone there said they called Msoft and said they have Linux and if they bought the download, could they install it on a clean machine. The agent told him YES. He said he called again and asked the same question and...
  28. A

    How does a web camera captures images

    hi i just want to know how does a web cam captures images..like what is the algorithm for it??
  29. O

    NEC LCD1765 Power Problems

    So I go to turn on my monitor today (NEC LCD1765NX) and when I tough the power button, I get shocked... So I push the power button, nothing happens.... the thing is dead...... The ac adapter led is showing it has power, but the monitor power led isn't doing anything, and neither is pushing...
  30. G

    Adapters For Canon Printers

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Adapters For Canon Printers From the Canon Printer Website [http://www.bubblejet.canon.com.my/ product/bubble_jet/accessories.htm] (http://www.bubblejet.canon.com.my/ product/bubble_jet/accessories.htm) : ------------- AD-300 HVAC...
  31. P

    Canon bjc 620 all four green LED flashing

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi I have changed all the ink cartridges, and I did the calibartion. Now when I turn on the printer I get the an error. The error light is on and the four green LED are flashing. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem...
  32. K

    What causes more eye strain/dmg: LCD or CRT?

    What type of monitor causes more harm to your eyes? Which one exerts more radiation? While I imagine both have detrimental effects to one's eyes, which of the two is more dramatic?
  33. N

    keyboard problem

    alright, when i start my computer my keyboard will work in bios but when the windows screen appears it freezes, cant even hit the "lock" keys, its just in a frozen state. i had a cordless usb keyboard but it broke so i switched it to a ps/2 keyboard...and i have tried two ps/2 keyboards, no...
  34. O

    Monitors

    First I want to say hi to everyone and thanks in advanced to all who read this and offer help and suggestions. I have been literally scouring the internet looking for the "right" fps monitor. This monitor will be connected to a World of Warcraft machine that has a single Evga 570 installed...
  35. G

    Printing

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I have a school file that I must print but am unable to do so. At the time of my page there is no line stating: file, edit, view, etc. Therefore I cannot go into File for printing. What keys on my keyboard also initiates...
  36. T

    Figure Prices Today vs 1980

    Archived from groups: rec.games.miniatures.historical (More info?) I recently came across some old gaming magazines. In an April 1980 issue of Different Worlds, there was a review of Heritage's 25mm line of "Dungeon Dwellers". A couple of interesting points: 1. Most of the figures were 28-30mm...
  37. J

    How to update a RIS CD-Image of W2kP SP3 with SP4

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment (More info?) Hopefully an easy answer to this one... have a cd based ris image on the server that has sp3, how can i manually extract the sp4 files to overwrite that image? main problem is that i am trying to run a riprep of a pc...