Worm

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Worm.
  1. G

    Anyone know about VEO (Webcams)? Out of Business?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?) The company seems to have disconnected their web site, and disconnected their phones and that's IT! Are they still in Business? Did they sell out or go bankrupt? The VEO Observer XT was looking good by the Specs.But not if the...
  2. H

    I bought a touch screen monitor - I think...

    Hi, I was wondering if anyone here might know a thing or two about touch screens or might recommend a forum that hits this topic? I bought a touch screen crt locally expecting a serial connector on the back and expecting to determine touchscreen manufacturer for drivers but, there is no serial...
  3. G

    jpeg from wmv

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?) I've got a Dlink webcam that generates wmv files based on motion detection. That is all well and good but I really only want jpeg images. Is there a tool that can extract a single jpeg image from a wmv file? Best Regards, George...
  4. A

    Star LC20.

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi all, does anyone know which cartridges are good for this printer? Other brands/models too. I can open cartridges to remove stripes and put it into my cartridge. Happy Easter to all! Alex.
  5. G

    Quality of a IP3000 vs S600

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I now have a S600. I am considering a new IP3000. But I read the review that the colour printout is not very good. My question is: Is it better than the S600 ? Thanks.
  6. G

    Lexmark C510n - huge margins on A5

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I can't seem to print A5, I get a margin about 2cm on either side and everything is sueezed into the middle of the A5 with plenty of blank around it. Any solutions? I have this same problem printing from both Win & Linux clients. The...
  7. G

    Laserjet vs inkjet?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I know this must have been asked a million times, but can someone advise me of: laserjet vs inkjet? Our usage is relatively small, but is it still worth us going for laserjet for less than £100? Some of the Samsung models sell for less...
  8. L

    Stuck

    I have a new Ambit modem and was going to get either a Toshiba PCX-2500 or PCX-2600 or a D-Link DCM-202. Do does anybody know anything about Ambit, Toshiba or D-Link modems? I think the D-Link or Toshiba's are probably better but don't know. I was leaning towards the D-Link DCM-202 modem. The...
  9. G

    Printer Inks

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Is there a company who sells compatible inks for Canon S9000 that seems better than another?
  10. G

    Apollo 2150 driver needed

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Need a driver for Apollo 2150 printer as there website seems to be gone ( www.myapollo.com ) . Please send info to Ron at rharland@shaw.ca
  11. G

    Anyone Using Trackercam

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?) I have a trackerpod installed with my webcam. I'm using the Trackercam software which I'm quite happy with, the interface is great, however, I'm not completely happy with the controls at the viewers end, the page that people see when...
  12. G

    Small footprint printer wanted

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I need to replace a Panasonic KX-P6300 laser-printer with something newer but with the same footprint, because it'll have to fit on a very small space on my colleague's desk. It was bought 2nd-hand so I don't have the dimensions on me...
  13. G

    Canon ImageRunner "Out of Paper" error only on new computers

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi everybody--this is driving me nuts. I have an ImageRunner c3100 Multifunction printer installed on the network at the office. Two computers that were configured before I got there (1 XP, 1 98) print to the Canon just fine. However...
  14. O

    NEC LCD1765 Power Problems

    So I go to turn on my monitor today (NEC LCD1765NX) and when I tough the power button, I get shocked... So I push the power button, nothing happens.... the thing is dead...... The ac adapter led is showing it has power, but the monitor power led isn't doing anything, and neither is pushing...
  15. G

    HP 960c

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I just bought 4 x 6 photo paper to use on my HP 960c inkjet and I can't get it to print on this size. The printer is working fine but it just sits there and says "printing" wit this paper. No error message, it doesn't even try to pick...
  16. G

    USB vs Parallel Cable

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I have an Epson 1280 connected with a parallel cable; it works but is it worth using USB 2.0 instead ... It came to mind because my status monitor (up to date version) does not work and I thought it might be because of using the parallel...
  17. R

    Installing KYOCERA FS-1020D

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I'm trying to re-install KYOCERA FS-1020D because I had a problem with a fatal exception in NTKERN. This is the recommended way of installing printers to a USB port: ....... 7. Select the printer model on Select Printer Model list and...
  18. S

    Powershot S1 IS zoom question

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?) How good is the S1 I at taking wide photo's at close range? The average camera has a 35mm while the S1 a 38mm - 380mm. Need to take photo's of furniture with not much room to move. Also need the zoom features to take pictures of...
  19. G

    Home Watcher Problem

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?) Have loaded Home Watcher v2 and it uploads fine but when I go to view it I can't see any of the pictures, they won't load. The properties on each image refer back to the files on the upload data but they won't visualize...Any...
  20. J

    is repair possible for this crt?

    I have a 4 year old KDS VS-21E CRT. Its a 21-inch monitor that looks as good as new most of the time. But once in a while the picture just slowly fades to black, taking about 5 seconds to do so. Then an hour later it will come back on, going from black to bright in about 5 seconds. Also...
  21. G

    Future, When?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital (More info?) Is it coming? When? What am I forgetting? 1- connection to PC wireless 2- 10 or more meg pixels 3- video with 640*480 pixels 30 fps 4- 0 light picture (night vision)
  22. G

    Can an Epson C84 use ink cartridges from an Epson C82?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Can I take the ink cartridges out of my Epson C82 and put them in an Epson C84 and have things work? These are the original ink cartridges than came with the Epson C82. Thanks!
  23. T

    Cheap ink source for HP inks? (And are HP ink Pigmented or..

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) So with all these different kinds of inks floating around... what does HP use? Pigmented ink or not? and who here with HP printers refills and where do you get your inks? I've been buying locally- $20 for a 3 color kit with 32ml of each...
  24. G

    Lens reflector

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?) I was reading a good book on digital cameras and it mentioned holding a mirror up to the lens to take shots of subjects while they (or whatever) were unaware of the shot being taken. I remember years ago of seeing a 45 degree mirror...
  25. N

    webcam capture

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?) Hello everyone. I hope someone here can help me out. I' looking for a webcam capture program that can be controlled from another computer, that is I need to run a webcam on one computer in a LAN and take pics (capture) sending a signal...
  26. G

    Can memory be added to this printer-HP LaserJet 5l? How?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Thanks for any on the above and perhaps where to find such memory. Did not see a slot or place to install hte memory. Do not have manual. Used. Thanks, Joe
  27. M

    Webcam Performance Through USB Hub

    Is there any performance or quality degradation for a webcam plugged into a non-powered USB hub, compared to connecting it directly to the USB port? Just wondering. Thanks.
  28. G

    USB to Parallel Port?

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) I just recently purchased a HP laserjet 1012 for a client, and did not pay attention to the fact that the printer comes with USB connectivity only...that would be fine, but the client uses NT4, and NT4 does not support USB..so I was...
  29. G

    Canon s 1is

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?) Has anyone experience with the Canon s1is. How is the quality off the pictures compared with the a80 . Does the image stabilizer functions good?
  30. S

    R200 printing .jpg with Word - horrendously dark.

    Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers (More info?) Hi, Whilst printing from Photoshop or Windows XP's wizard is fine, if I try to print an embedded .jpg within a Word doc, the results are horrendously dark. Any suggestions? Si.
  31. R

    View webcam on my network?

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.webcam (More info?) This has probably been asked & answered many times but, Is it possible to view/access a USB webcam that is attached to another PC on my Ethernet network ? Would the other PC indicate that the webcam is being viewed ? Would people be...
  32. M

    i hear the radio on my pc speakers, no fm card

    Either i'm going insane and hearing voices, or my speakers are picking up a radio or tv station. The speakers are normally about 3 feet from my head. At that distance i can just hear ... something. Sorta sounds like if you left a radio on somewhere in the house. You can just tell its not just...
  33. Y

    Some questions

    How does the Q17a hold up to the newest monitors that have just been released? is it still one of the better one's or should i wait for your next monitor review before i buy. Will there be another review soon? Because i want to buy one before i go to college and the last one was very helpfull...
  34. A

    Logitech Z-680

    Ok, I'm about to put together a new comp, so i have a few questions about speakers\connections. ++First question is (i know there are many, many opinions to this question) but which is better: Logitech Z-680 speakers or Klipsch ProMedia 5.1? ++Second question is about digital connections. I'm...
  35. A

    Sorround speakers

    I am looking for a set of surround speakers for my PC. I have a Creative Live 5.1 sound card and am mostly into fps games. Have been looking at Creative's 6.1 6700 as they seem to be quite innovative and for a very good price but found out that at their site there is a big discussion going on...
  36. I

    Cordless Optical Mouse Issues

    I have a Logitech cordless optical mouse and I am having speratic problems with it connecting on boot up. I have done all the things their supprt says but I can not seem to make it work consitantly. Anyone else have similar experiences? I really like the cordless and will never go back to the...
  37. C

    Any 17" monitor recommendations?

    I will be replacing my current CRT Monitor very soon, and don't have much time to do my own research. Can you please recommend a few good models? It will be used primarily for gaming (with a GeForce 3) and I would prefer to spend between $250-$350.
  38. P

    Wierd TFT display problem

    Hey all. Just got my DVI cable last night and hooked it up to my Cornea 17" TFT. DVI is nice! One problem though, every now and then, the screen will split in two, with about 1/4 of the bottom of the display showing what is at the top. ANy ideas or suggestions. I have a PNY GeForce 3 Ti 200...
  39. B

    Xerox DocuPrint M760 XP drivers?

    I was wondering...how come the drivers that come with Windows XP doesn't include something to check the levels of ink that you have? I looked at their website, and they said that the driver supplied is supported. But, how am I gonna know when to buy more ink? Straight brutal! :lol: <A...
  40. G

    Samsung 170t

    Does anyone know what the response time is for the Samsung 170t? I've looked on Samsung's website and it is not listed and I've searched the web and haven't found much. Other than this unknown, the specs look great.