Apr 23, 2019
I recently bought a Dell S2719DGF 144hz monitor, 1440p. For a while, it worked perfectly. Smooth 144hz with no issues, a fair bit of light bleed but not bad at all for the price. However after returning from a short vacation, I find that it can no longer operate at 144hz.

I've tried everything, I uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers, factory reset the monitor, even bought a brand new DisplayPort cable just in case it was the cables fault.

I open windows settings, go to advanced display, and am only given options to choose between 59hz and 60hz, nothing for 144hz. Listing all modes proved to be unsuccessful. Sometimes if I unplug and plug the monitor back in, I'm given the option to switch to 144hz, but as soon as I hit 'accept,' it stutters and goes back to 60hz. The same thing happens in the Nvidia control panel.

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.
I'm using a GTX MSI 1070 graphics card, an MSI z270 motherboard with an Intel 17 7700, connected to my monitor via DisplayPort, and running Windows 10.

Lutfij

Titan
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Which version of the Nvidia drivers have you worked with? See if prior revisions help with retreiving 144Hz on your setup. I'd also ask you to backup your critical content and see if reinstalling the OS solves the issue. For added measure, please try and include a link to the DP cable used.