ad4

Mar 3, 2019
Yikes! I bent some pins in the CPU socket, and I put a used core (i7-3770) in the LGA 1155 Socket, Dell Optiplex 790. There was no video output, but the signal was fine. I put in the old core, and there was still no video. I will supply some pictures below.
Image 1

Image 2

Could it really be the bent pins in the CPU Socket that caused this? Thanks in advance for the help!

ad4

Mar 3, 2019
I'm not sure about this one. I'm solely using integrated graphics from the CPU. Is there any way I could bend the pins back if they aren't flat? Would it work if they were all oriented right?
Thanks!

I'm not sure about this one. I'm solely using integrated graphics from the CPU. Is there any way I could bend the pins back if they aren't flat? Would it work if they were all oriented right?
Thanks!

Ahhhh so you're using the iGPU. Then that settles it...yes, bent pins at the socket can absolutely disable video since the video has to get out of the CPU somehow and those pins could be the way....except they're bent all to heck.

There are many rumours (myths??) of people who've managed to bend some pins back into place with a magnifier and patience. But naaa, I don't think you should hold a lot of hope about repairing those things. And then again... it's a binner now so just start poking away and see what happens.

Reactions: ad4

ad4

Mar 3, 2019
I've gotten all of the pins but one back to normal (I think?). We'll see if it still works, but I'm planning on getting a new motherboard anyway. Thanks for all of our help! Oh also, which motherboard should I get for under $100?